Another "new" bike for me! It's Thunderace time!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
since my first "Real" bike was a thundercat, i have always looked to the next one up and i have had a special spot in my heart for the thunderace, but very rare and very cool bikes. Just another on my list that would be nice to have someday.

Enjoy it, looks like a great find!

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a SUPER SWEET bike Jamie :thumbup:
I've actually went looking at one for sale here about a week ago :eek: (1997, 36.000km, Leovince Carbon, garage kept for only € 2.450!! :eek:) and I loved that bike so much!!
I'm going to look at some other bikes as well, and it might turn out I'll get the Thunderace as well :D

Grtz,

Degake

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am going to be tearing this bike down to it's motor, and frame, and giving it the detail of its lifetime over winter....the reason i bought it, cause i have run out of bikes that need tinkering with, in my shed!

By summer next year, it will look,run, and handle like a different bike...but still OEM in most ways!

:D

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am going to be tearing this bike down to it's motor, and frame, and giving it the detail of its lifetime over winter....the reason i bought it, cause i have run out of bikes that need tinkering with, in my shed!

By summer next year, it will look,run, and handle like a different bike...but still OEM in most ways!

To a Biker this is what it is all about!! I have never owned a bike I did not repair ,rebuild , or completely construct from scratch,Heck i even had to repair my FZ6 before i bought it,99 miles and both rims were bent so bad they would'nt hold air.... :BLAA:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't wait to see it!

(Maybe on my days off, I could come around and help you tinker?)

Cheers,
Rick

The Shed door is always open....especially if you dont mind polishing, cleaning bikes, etc....

I presume that the detail i give it will be it's first real hardcore detail in it's 58000km, 15 year life! So i am expecting things to be well grubby in the nooks & crannies, that are hidden by fairing's, etc!

:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a SUPER SWEET bike Jamie :thumbup:
I've actually went looking at one for sale here about a week ago :eek: (1997, 36.000km, Leovince Carbon, garage kept for only € 2.450!! :eek:) and I loved that bike so much!!
I'm going to look at some other bikes as well, and it might turn out I'll get the Thunderace as well :D

Grtz,

Degake

Yeah, once you put it up against other bikes from the same segment, and era, it's specs stack up pretty well, especially, motor and suspension wise...

A great value secondhand buy...bit of a sneaky "smart man's" bike.

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To a Biker this is what it is all about!! I have never owned a bike I did not repair ,rebuild , or completely construct from scratch,Heck i even had to repair my FZ6 before i bought it,99 miles and both rims were bent so bad they would'nt hold air.... :BLAA:

I actually get quite fraught if i aint got anything much to tinker with....

I painted the race stand the TRX850 lives on, the other night...just because i wanted something to do, not because it needed it...but it does look schmick now!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just be sure to give it those sexy white rims and plastic cover for pillion seat

god that looks so purdy

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any thoughts on getting it freighted over?

I have a mate that just got one from Sydney (RVF400) for about $300.

It'd be nice to get it here and strip it down rather than have something potentially happen on the way back....

(old oil, old tyres etc)

Just a thought!

Cheers,
Rick

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually get quite fraught if i aint got anything much to tinker with....

I painted the race stand the TRX850 lives on, the other night...just because i wanted something to do, not because it needed it...but it does look schmick now!

LOL ,You are eat up with it as bad ........... or i'm starting to think WORSE than I am!! .......... Building a Bike is like Foreplay before the ride...... just makes it soooooo much better...... :drool: :blowkiss: :hug: :rant: :steve: :sinister: :mikebike: :BLAA:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any thoughts on getting it freighted over?

I have a mate that just got one from Sydney (RVF400) for about $300.

It'd be nice to get it here and strip it down rather than have something potentially happen on the way back....

(old oil, old tyres etc)

Just a thought!

Cheers,
Rick

As it turns out, looks like i am going to have to get it freighted over to me, will cost way too much to get registration sorted in NSW, so a truck to SA, it is!

Yes, this will at least give me a chance to give the bike a real good once over, before i ride it.

:thumbup: