Another mod for the Buell :)

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
and here she is! Pretty much finished... Thanks to Cali_Rider for helping me make a custom set of sub-frame spacers (not as radical as the ones I bought)... now I just need to black out the spacers (barely visible), along with the exhaust clamp (currently white) and I'll be done!

Oh and I need a set of BT016s too :)

3498932303_0fb1cc97ec_b.jpg

:cheer::rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
She's looking good! I like the header wrap too, adds to the street fighter look. :thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks Pete :) I wasn't sure about the header wrap, because most bikes with header wraps out there look kinda sh*tty, but I put it on anyway to check it out and was really happy to see how it looks after I was done!

New sub-frame raisers are perfect too! Excellent compromise between stock and the aftermarket ones...

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex, very nice bad @$$ wheels. My brother-in-law dies about the Buell XS but I don't think he has seen one like yours yet. Going to make him jealous right now. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! do you have a thread showing the details of that work you're doing?

All talk and ideas so far. Fred graduates from school next week and my bike has been in the shop getting the speedo replaces for several weeks so no actual work. Once Fred is out of school we'll begin work. This project will take alot of time but I'm not in a rush. I'm not concerned about add more hp, more than enough as it is, I just want an exhaust that looks nice. The idea is to build a set of headers and use a single 18" muffler...easier said than done. We've spoken with the AF1 Racing experts and learned a great deal on how to go about doing this...the trick will be to actually do it. We'll document the project as we work.

The headers in the photo are from a shop in Holland.

TWIN Motorcycles

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Header wraps were removed... indeed, I did a poor job installing them (apparently you're supposed to bake them at high temp after install, which I did not do), so they started to fall apart...

Anyway, it looks just as good without them so I don't think I'll put new ones on...

I just saw this though, which I now want!!!

169_2.jpg

169_3.jpg

So hot!!! and apparently it helps lengthen the life of the belt...

$200 though... argh...

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dave:

How would you describe the handling of the Buell compared to the Fizzer? Seems like the Buell is shorter (wheel-span wise) and thus more agile - am I right?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dave:

How would you describe the handling of the Buell compared to the Fizzer? Seems like the Buell is shorter (wheel-span wise) and thus more agile - am I right?

I don't know how it compares but he get around curves really fast! :rockon:Hahaha!

Cliff

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dave:

The Buell indeed has a MUCH shorter wheelbase of 51.8in compared to 56.7in on the FZ. The FZ's dry weight is around 425lb if I remember right, while the Buell is below 400lb. The Buell also focused on centralizing/lowering the weight as much as possible, which yields a low center of gravity compared to most bikes. My model (Scg) is even lower and shorter than the S model. All that makes for a very nibble and flickable bike.

If you combine that with front/rear fully adjustable suspension, and the smoothness of the v-twin, it makes cornering on the Buell much easier imo. The bike also feels much more planted to me, which is probably due to the better suspension and low CoG.

Interesting article about cornering here: see page 4, Bike # 8, is my XB12... #1 is the same bike but with clip-ons and mini fairing.

View attachment 21849

Also: Top 5 best handling bikes - according to you - | Motorcycle News | New Motorbikes | Buyers Guides | MCN

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know how it compares but he get around curves really fast! :rockon:Hahaha!

Cliff

FOR ME it is indeed much easier to go fast with the Buell on a canyon road... it just fits my style of riding better... others will feel the exact opposite I am sure :)

yah baby :D

3917348816_af05d08017.jpg

Last edited: