Another glowing FZ9 review

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't wait! Brought my FZ6 to my local Yamaha dealer for a service bulletin and got myself scheduled for a test ride!:rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking that this would be a great "urban weapon" commuter and I can turn the Fz1 into a track bike.

Can't do it. Doesn't make much sense to mess with FZ1 to try to make it into a great track bike. It'll be a heck of a lot easier to just get a proper cheap sport bike (which is very likely what I'll do).

FZ9, fun as it will undoubtedly be, can't be my only bike. Need a screen and LOTS of cargo space for commuting and coaching @ MSF. I'm more likely to end up with FJR for my street bike.

Having said all of that.. still really wanna take one for a spin! :D

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Can't do it. Doesn't make much sense to mess with FZ1 to try to make it into a great track bike. It'll be a heck of a lot easier to just get a proper cheap sport bike (which is very likely what I'll do).

FZ9, fun as it will undoubtedly be, can't be my only bike. Need a screen and LOTS of cargo space for commuting and coaching @ MSF. I'm more likely to end up with FJR for my street bike.

Having said all of that.. still really wanna take one for a spin! :D

I hear ya, but most of my commute needs I can get away with just my tank bag.

I would get an FJR to round out the stable and for touring. Fz1 for ripping around, Fz-09 for street assault duty and and FJR to go over mountains and through Cali, etc.

You're not the only one to say it wouldn't be worth it to turn the Fz1 into a track bike. I know it wouldn't be as awesome as an R1 but I dunno.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're not the only one to say it wouldn't be worth it to turn the Fz1 into a track bike. I know it wouldn't be as awesome as an R1 but I dunno.

I've ridden my FZ1 on the track and I've ridden BMW R1000ss on same track. It's night and day. FZ1 has loads of power.. more than I'll ever need on track or street, but the suspension, the handlebar, the weight, the lack of slipper clutch, the rearsets, etc.. too many things to try to convert it into a full-on supersport.
None of those changes are necessary at my level, but I could certainly tell a major difference on the track. Easier to just get R1, though I'll likely go with smaller displacement for the track.

oh and .. major :hijack:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't see myself paying 2x the money for the FZ 09, when I can get me another S2 for around $4k with very low miles.:confused:

To me, the extra low end on the FZ-09 is not worth $4k.:spank:

I think my S2 is dead, and I may be in the market. :(

I'll know for sure tomorrow.:thumbup:

The S2 is the best bang for the buck out there.:BLAA:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Fz-09 is on sale as Mt-09 in my country (Turkey)
And it's sale price is $11.000
What about in US and other countries?
By the way an engineer or architect with ten years experience earns $2000 here. I have to work for 6 months to buy one.

Last edited:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fz-09 is on sale as Mt-09 in my country (Turkey)
And it's sale price is $11.000
What about in US and other countries?
By the way an engineer or architect with ten years experience earns $2000 here. I have to work for 6 months to buy one.

Yea I don't know why but the US has different names for a lot of yamaha bikes.
The MT09(with ABS) costs 9500 euros here, thats about 13k USD

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Politicians, the Fz-09, and whiskey -- three things we can get cheap here in the states. ;)

I like the engine a lot, just waiting for them to put it in something more touring oriented. Maybe time for an overhaul of the Super Tenere?

Edit: What's this I read of a 'bikini fairing' in that review? How thong is this bikini?

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want a fairing, then I would sell a Kidney to pay for it all, Job done

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: What's this I read of a 'bikini fairing' in that review? How thong is this bikini?

Very bikini

yamaha-mt-09-street-rally-2014-01.jpg