Another commute into work (Pics)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Took some pictures this morning. Here are a couple that show how cool it was. Airbox temp of 36F after riding for about 20 mins. and the frost still on the passenger seat...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
but it was worth it since It is still nice enough to ride and these are just a couple of my views on my way to work. besides, just a couple more days of the mileage contest to go!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
these are just 2 of the spots that i pass, i was running a bit late so i missed a couple more, but i will keep em coming...

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
1. It's 8:30 and you are still on your way to work? Lucky bastard!
2. You got 80 miles on the first bar? Lucky bastard!
3. It seems really cold out. I pity the foo!

Well I know you will but keep riding until you can't any more!
What kind of gear (cold weather) are you wering in those temps?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. It's 8:30 and you are still on your way to work? Lucky bastard!
2. You got 80 miles on the first bar? Lucky bastard!
3. It seems really cold out. I pity the foo!

Well I know you will but keep riding until you can't any more!
What kind of gear (cold weather) are you wering in those temps?

actually it is 7:30, i haven't had a chance to change the clock from daylight savings time. but yeah i get to about 94 miles before the 2nd bar drops off.

and as far as gear, i wear some alpine star snowmobile gloves, head sock thingy that covers my neck, textile jacket with the liner in it, work pants, with rain pants and rain jacket, heated grips and that is all for now. nothing too too fancy.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just press the reset button quickly to display air temp.

reiobard, looks like your idle is a little low. :)

just a note on the air temp, it is measured from the air box which heats up while riding from engine heat, so the only time it is accurate is before you start the bike after letting it cool for a couple hours, it was probably about 30 out this morning when i took the picture.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Took some pictures this morning. Here are a couple that show how cool it was. Airbox temp of 36F after riding for about 20 mins. and the frost still on the passenger seat...
Man your butt is hot, I mean your bum is nice and warm, oh 5hit I mean your bum is melting....................Fk it.

Nelly

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you had frost on your seat, is there any on the road, and do you ride on it? We're arid enough in Utard that we never have frost, but I've always wondered... :confused:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you had frost on your seat, is there any on the road, and do you ride on it? We're arid enough in Utard that we never have frost, but I've always wondered... :confused:

there is not enough moisture in the air (unless it rained) to cause condensation on the roads, the cars and bikes in the area don;t have the advantage of ground heat to melt it as it settles. i have ridden the morning after a rain and there was a good bit of black ice on the road, but you can see it and just avoid it. If there is so much that you can't avoid it then just turn around and get the car...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
there is not enough moisture in the air (unless it rained) to cause condensation on the roads, the cars and bikes in the area don;t have the advantage of ground heat to melt it as it settles. i have ridden the morning after a rain and there was a good bit of black ice on the road, but you can see it and just avoid it. If there is so much that you can't avoid it then just turn around and get the car...

Black Ice.....:eek: Black ice at night.....:eek::eek: