And it begins!

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered the new Nekkid headlight today. So I decided to take off that fugly fairing in anticipation (fact being that I can't ride till I get a new exhaust gasket anyways).

Now to adjust the clipons (cbr1100xx) that have been on the bike in one position only due to the fairing. Might actually get some real clipons to go under the triple now.

I'll have plenty of time to get the wiring figured out and such this week as I wait for the headlight to get here.

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered one from dev_usc here on the forum. He was rad and hooked me up with a custom setup from the FZ16 in India.

Here is a pic of the headlight on another FZ6.

I most likely won't use the little windscreen to hide the gauges, but instead buy the back cover for the gauges.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
appreciate your good words.. you headlight has been shipped out... you should get it mid next week.. here are some coseups...

Last edited:

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
It comes with a headlight stay that bolts to the 2 bolt holes that are left when you remove your horn, and top you can zip tie to the ignition lock (or bolt with a U bolt or something, most likely what I'll do. I like things bolted.)

Here's the installation photo that he sent me.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers :thumbup:

I've got a factory N,but I do like the look of that one.

Just hope that they dont just zip tie the light on, on the stock 150's :eek:

slandis

Reaction score
Visit site
How did you pay $60 for the meter cover? It's a $10 part. I ordered mine from partshark.com for $8 and change. Part number is 2D1-83559-00-00. I went to the hardware store and got 3 4x self tapping stainless allen key screws and I was off to the races.

Not to sound crabby, but Burlington really seems pretty off base with some of their pricing. I have to wonder if their FZ1N kit isn't marked way up as well.

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well thanks for the info. I think something is going to get returned now and order one off Partshark (seeing as I haven't even got it yet)!!! Thanks!:rockon:

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
How did you pay $60 for the meter cover? It's a $10 part. I ordered mine from partshark.com for $8 and change. Part number is 2D1-83559-00-00. I went to the hardware store and got 3 4x self tapping stainless allen key screws and I was off to the races.

Not to sound crabby, but Burlington really seems pretty off base with some of their pricing. I have to wonder if their FZ1N kit isn't marked way up as well.

I must be missing something. I did a search for that part number on their site and it didn't return any results. Do you have a direct link to the part?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind.. kevlarfz6, your bike is a 2006. slandis' bike is 2008. Different speedometers.. different covers.
slandis, is the part number specifically for 2006 and older bikes?

slandis

Reaction score
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind.. kevlarfz6, your bike is a 2006. slandis' bike is 2008. Different speedometers.. different covers.
slandis, is the part number specifically for 2006 and older bikes?

I hadn't noticed kevlar's bike was a 2006. One thing that Burlington's site says is that the alternative cover is for 2006+ FZ1's and FZ6's. However, I'm pretty sure 2006 FZ1's had the same speedo and cover as 2008+ FZ6 models.

At any rate, oemmotorparts.com has the older cover. It's $27-ish plus shipping from the UK, so it may not be any cheaper than Burlington in the end.

Meter Cover For 2006 FZ6

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my headlight from dev_usc. All genuine Yamaha parts. Took 10 days from India to get here. He hooked me up with a personal request, the headlight off the FZ16 with the red side fairings. The man delivered, great to work with dev_usc, really responsive with all my email questions and trust me I had a TON. The red, if you are wondering, is a SPOT ON MATCH to the red FZ6. I am truly amazed by that. No need to repaint anything now, well I might powder coat the rims red later.

Time to get to work.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kevin....I heartily appreciate your kind words... Please feel free to CALL/TXT/EMAIL if you have any questions... I am also sending you some installation instructions... have fun with installation and share some pics.. :thumbup::thumbup:

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh look progress! Looks GREAT! Don't have the speedo cover yet, so the speedo doesn't get mounted and my turn signals haven't came in yet (leds) and my barend mirrors aren't here yet. But the headlight is on and I am thrilled with it.

The brake line is too long and the throttle cable could use shortening, but it works as is and I don't see a problem with it. When I go full lock left, the throttle sticks some, so I might just change the steering lock on it.

I have the CBR1100xx clipons with the nubs filed off and they are flush with the top triple. It gives very little room to play with the cables, but meh. It seems happy where it is.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
The 150 headlight seems to be getting popular.
Looks good and you can't knock the price :thumbup:
The steering's going to be pretty sharp with the forks up through the triples to accommodate the clip ons.