Amsoil Filters

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya i cant see that stuff but it just depends on what model amg really some ppl think of amg like the car it self when really its merc's performance division just like ss to chevy, svt to ford, nismo to nissan etc etc etcetc

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Yup I realize that but I think of the SL line of AMG mostly i realize they go down as far as the C class just tend to forget that. I suppose it also depends on where ya live. I travel around the country and see tons of cars in the midwest for sale that are going for about $5000 less than they are in NY. It seems everyone in NY wants top dollar for cars that aren't worth it.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to see pics of this AMG as well. I find it hard that someone owns an FZ6, $150,000 AMG, and a old Hyundai..... Something just doesn't go together there. Also did you miss the price I posted? Mobil 1 is not cheaper and you mention hype.......

Lol where did i say i paid $150,000 for my car? make up numbers much?

there was roughly 2300 of my car made in the world, it was built in the AMG (mercedes performance division) factory in germany, has a hand built with forged internals amg supercharged v6. the car was $50k new if you must know. there are pics of it on here in several threads. i paid $23k for it 2 years ago with 678 miles on it. The car is all amg, it just has some chrysler body parts on it. right down to the exhaust and suspension and so on has amg an mercedes stamped all over it. you can google it if you need to.

as for mobil1 in the bike, sure i have used it. i just just the valvoline because i get discounts on it locally and it is on sale all the time too and it is rated for use with a bike (clutch) so that is what i go with. the oil is not going to shorten the life of the bike at all, it is saving me $ and i do not lose any hp so why spend more.

my motor:
engine1.jpg

plenty of vids of me driving the car on youtube.

engine4final.jpg

I tuned, added nitrous with meth injection, etc myself. I also tuned my bike myself.

as for the mobil1 i always find great deals on it. i will keep using it too.

as for the spam stuff, the guy may have wanted to mention he had permission to promote the oil instead of just jumping right into the advertising like a spam bot lol. :thumbup:

now that i know he is not a spammer, its no big deal. you know how bad spammers can be on internet forums. since he is legit then it is not a problem.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup I realize that but I think of the SL line of AMG mostly i realize they go down as far as the C class just tend to forget that. I suppose it also depends on where ya live. I travel around the country and see tons of cars in the midwest for sale that are going for about $5000 less than they are in NY. It seems everyone in NY wants top dollar for cars that aren't worth it.

A lot of that prolly has to do with the fact that the standard of living in ny is alot higher then almost anywhere else in the country as well but you will always get "that guy" who is selling is 1999 generic pos for $2000 above blue book just because he thinks its special because he waxed it everyweekend but anyways....oh ya oil

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Reading FTW

I stumbled on this site while doing research on FZs and notice many members use Amsoil or ask about it but there is no one to provide immediate answers or help. I talked to the Admin and have agreed to Support fz6-forum and its members by offering Amsoil products at a discount

It's cool though. I take no offense. This place is full of cool people and loads of information.

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of that prolly has to do with the fact that the standard of living in ny is alot higher then almost anywhere else in the country as well but you will always get "that guy" who is selling is 1999 generic pos for $2000 above blue book just because he thinks its special because he waxed it everyweekend but anyways....oh ya oil

Oil filters to be exact in this thread :D

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reading FTW

It's cool though. I take no offense. This place is full of cool people and loads of information.

lol i missed that post.

you have permission so that is great. personally i would just ease up on the scare tactics to get people to buy the amsoil and let it sell itself. have a good evening. :D

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

lol i have seen some real winners around here, an old beat up honda civic with a big fart can muffler the guy wanted about 3x what it was worth because he "customized" it with vinyl stripes and some spray painted wheels lol. he has been trying to sell it for 2 years now sitting in his driveway by the road.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mrphotoman. I am a car nut. I guess I missed this one. And I guess I have missed your posts of this car. As mentioned before when I think of AMG I think of SL500, SL600, SL 63 etc. So on that point then it would be a 150,000 car with said mods. Is the car you have a SRT6 Crossfire?

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol i have seen some real winners around here, an old beat up honda civic with a big fart can muffler the guy wanted about 3x what it was worth because he "customized" it with vinyl stripes and some spray painted wheels lol. he has been trying to sell it for 2 years now sitting in his driveway by the road.

There is one of those where I live, it is the hatchback... I think that one has been sitting there for about 5 years now with a really beat up boat next to it.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
mrphotoman. I am a car nut. I guess I missed this one. And I guess I have missed your posts of this car. As mentioned before when I think of AMG I think of SL500, SL600, SL 63 etc. So on that point then it would be a 150,000 car with said mods. Is the car you have a SRT6 Crossfire?

And you call yourself a car nut? Then what kind of question is that? There is only one srt6!

Mmmmmmm

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And you call yourself a car nut? Then what kind of question is that? There is only one srt6!

Mmmmmmm

Like I said this car totally missed my radar. And to me a $50,000 crossfire, why not just buy a corvette.......I also don't tend to pay attention to "supercars" with a 6 in them.....

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
lol i missed that post.

you have permission so that is great. personally i would just ease up on the scare tactics to get people to buy the amsoil and let it sell itself. have a good evening. :D

What scare tactics have I used? seriously I would like to know to help myself out. I don't recommend "Amsoil or nothing" I recommend a quality oil and give many options, the merits and demerits of all of them, and let people make their own decision.

If your talking about the filter. I believe your the one that posted the information saying that the Purolator could block the flow of oil to the engine.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Like I said this car totally missed my radar. And to me a $50,000 crossfire, why not just buy a corvette.......I also don't tend to pay attention to "supercars" with a 6 in them.....

I was being sarcastic i must have missed the sarcasm key super car it is not. A very fun sleeper sports coupe yes. And when you say you dont consider a 6 when thinking of supercars im hoping your refering to.the name right? Um porshe 911 gt2 gt3?

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

because i wanted something unique, reliable and rare. why didnt you buy a gixxah instead of a fz6?

i owned a corvette, a fully restored 1970 stingray with a 4spd and original 454. as for the crossfire, i have fun showing the guys with corvettes why i did not get a corvette. who wants a car you see everyday everywhere? i like to get something a little unique.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was being sarcastic i must have missed the sarcasm key super car it is not. A very fun sleeper sports coupe yes. And when you say you dont consider a 6 when thinking of supercars im hoping your refering to.the name right? Um porshe 911 gt2 gt3?

hmmm i have no probs lapping lotus, porches, bmw's and the likes on the track with my fun little coupe.

hell there are 4cyl super cars out there too, one of which i would love to own.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
because i wanted something unique, reliable and rare. why didnt you buy a gixxah instead of a fz6?

i owned a corvette, a fully restored 1970 stingray with a 4spd and original 454. as for the crossfire, i have fun showing the guys with corvettes why i did not get a corvette. who wants a car you see everyday everywhere? i like to get something a little unique.

I didn't get a gixxah because my dad was a Yamaha Dealer.... I believe a car like a corvette is bought to turn heads. A crossfire doesn't turn heads..... hence why they didn't sell very well

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't get a gixxah because my dad was a Yamaha Dealer.... I believe a car like a corvette is bought to turn heads. A crossfire doesn't turn heads..... hence why they didn't sell very well

most places i have been corvettes really do not turn heads, they are too common. my srt6 does, they are rare and few even know what it is.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm i have no probs lapping lotus, porches, bmw's and the likes on the track with my fun little coupe.

hell there are 4cyl super cars out there too, one of which i would love to own.

lapping lotus's, Porches, BMW's and the likes on the track really? must be they are horrible drivers.... I viewed a few of your vids, none of them left the line the same time as you. Please tell me you are not referring to a Z3 as one you are lapping.... 4cyl isn't a supercar it is a tuner car....

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
most places i have been corvettes really do not turn heads, they are too common. my srt6 does, they are rare and few even know what it is.

Everywhere I have been corvettes always turn heads. Not saying they are always in a good way. I travel the country for a living....