am i running rich

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine runs well, but since i put the Leo Vince exhaust it pops like crazy to. I don't really mind the popping, but if the O2 trick can give me a couple HP extra i'm up for it!

Do you guys think it's safe to do without spending money on a dyno? Over here a dyno is very expensive and if i can do without it i would rather keep my money.

After a good run, what do the plugs look like as far as the color of the porcelain? I know it can vary by fuel but you might consider the AIS block off plates. They're making it reburn in the exhaust by adding extra air when you let off the throttle. Or you could just unplug the solenoid and see if that helps.

But, free power is never a bad thing!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
After a good run, what do the plugs look like as far as the color of the porcelain? I know it can vary by fuel but you might consider the AIS block off plates. They're making it reburn in the exhaust by adding extra air when you let off the throttle. Or you could just unplug the solenoid and see if that helps.

But, free power is never a bad thing!

Well, i would not do the AIS block off, it has no power repercussion, all it does is get rid of the popping and let more crap into the atmosphere.
I kinda like the popping, and the atmosphere, so i don't see the point.

The O2 thing on the other hand can give you a few extra ponies, while reducing the popping, and even if it's only 3hp, it's free. Free hp is always good.

I just don't want to make it worst by fiddling and having no way of controlling what is going on.

I will do what you said, have a look at the plugs, see what the situation is, have a look at my current O2 numbers and see what i feel like doing.

If only a single Dyno run didn't cost $40 in this country!

lukamon

Reaction score
Visit site
errrrrr, don't think anyone mentioned this here, but I had exactly the same problem when I bought my fz6 > bad fuel consumption, bad throttle response, rough idle.

it was only by chance I lifted the tank and saw an unplugged connector. that was strange, no fault code stored, nothing that didn't work? so traced the wire, it was the 02 sensor!

basically the prev. owner fitted a power commander which he then removed before selling, but didn't plug the sensor back in! problem solved, bike is MUCH better now.