Aluminium footpegs.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I am thinking of changing my stock footpegs for aluminium ones, i am not happy with the way they grip especially when wet.

Has anyone done it, and did you notice an increase in vibration being transmitted to your legs? I know the whole rear set is mounted on rubber mounts, so i am curious how much the rubber pad on the peg actually does.

Also, has anyone installed R6 pegs with succes? The compatibility chart calls them "Semi-compatible" and i wonder what that actually means!

Chart: https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pEl7ykroxczRgHdiZ86mULA

Might get these: Yamaha YZF600 R Thundercat - Billet Aluminium Race Pegs - alloy - Front | eBay

thanks

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the R6 pegs installed and they are not 100% compatible. They hang low when bolted on and I had to mod a little something to make it level. There is no noticeable increase in vibration.

However the R6 passenger footrest fits perfectly but my passenger did notice an increase in vibration.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I couldn't live with an increase in vibration. It seems to have gotten worse. Maybe that's the bike's way in telling me I need to do a TB sync?

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely a necessary improvement if you ride hard much. For the track it was indispensable. No deterioration in comfort for me. As elus1ve said, they hang a little low. I rode with them like that for a while but then I modded them to sit level, mostly so it didn't look weird.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to report back,

I did end up putting these foot pegs on:

Alloy Ultima Footrests Racing
Alloy Ultima Support Footrest Driver for Alloy Ultima

They are IMO a great mod to have. The foot pegs really give you a lot better control.
I really feel like i can use my legs a lot more without being afraid to slide off like i used to with the stock pegs.

The mounting bracket is made specifically for the FZ6 so they sit `at a right angle and don't droop like the R6 ones do.

Regarding vibrations, i really don't feel any difference, if anything it actually more comfortable since i don't have to dig my feet in as much to have a proper grip.
I find that having grippy pegs and handlebar grips instead of the stock ones really allowed me to relax a lot more since it takes less effort to keep my hands and feet where i want them.

On top of that, they really look great!

All in all, this is probably in my top three mods with the FZ1 bar with Progrips 717 and the 15t sprocket.