R6 calipers on '04 FZ6 ?

matysmity

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

My front brake calipers are acting up, pistons not moving freely, eating pads quickly, 70K+ km on the bike. I know I could rebuild them but being there I would prefer to upgrade them.

My question: Can I use R6 calipers on my 2004 FZ6 ?
I've searched here and other forums and some people that asked the same question and no definitive answers. Some said yes, others no... :confused:

According to a "Compatibility Chart" (https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pEl7ykroxczRgHdiZ86mULA), if you look on the FZ6 line, you don't see the R6 caliper listed as compatible. If you scroll down however to the R6, you see that it would be compatible on the FZ6. Confusing...

Anyone here did swap their calipers for R6 calipers successfully ?

I know many swapped the whole fork, but for now I am thinking calipers only.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Maty

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
the four pot r6 calipers will not bolt straight on the 04 fz6 legs, the mounting points are further apart on the 4pots (100mm as opposed to 80mm or whereabouts of the sliding caliper of the 04). if you want to keep your fork legs you must fabricate some very strong brackets to which you attach the r6 brakes. otherwise there is no other option but to change to 07 on fork legs or R6 forks