Almost cried when i found my Bike on its side :(

Blake

Reaction score
Visit site
So it has been a little over a week since this has happened, just now found the time to post this.

I leave for work at about 0630 and get home at about 1630. While on my way home my girlfriend calls and says "ummm your bike is laying on its side, plastic, and fluid is everywhere" instantly my heart just drops. I rush back to my apartment complex and find it laying there pushed out of its parking space.

I had the bike parked in the open center parking(usually don’t do this, but had no other choice this day) My guess is someone was in a hurry to park, flew into a parking spot and slammed into the front tire shattering the front fender, popped out three of the 6 windscreen screws, scuffed up the front fairing, knocked the front end out of alignment(lucky it didnt bend the forks!) scraping the right side bar end, bent the bars a little and scrapped up the frame slider( so glad that I have frame sliders on, saved a lot of damage from happening! )

Not as bad as I thought it would be when i was driving home, considering all I heard was "plastic and fluid everywhere" the fluid was just coolant coming out of the overflow tank.

But of course no one seen anything, no cameras, and no one has fessed up! Not even a "Sorry about your luck" note or anything! Some people are just very inconsiderate!

I will get some pictures up later. I guess if you have your bike in an open parking lot, make sure you have either a security detail watching it, or a protective cage around it.....

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
That's sucks mate hopefully you are insured similar thing has happened to a mate of mine but was at a shopping centre parked his bike to far in so naturally the car thought the bay was empty cars either side of bay smash now i park level if not a bit out in a car bay so you can't miss me. hope you get it sorted

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your incident. People are so inconsiderate these days. Hang in there and get her fixed up. Will insurance help? If you have renters, check your policy, it may cover some or all of the damage. Good luck!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Almost cried??? I would have been sobbing like a little girl, oh wait......:BLAA:

Ok, seriously though, this sucks.

Blake

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys!

Insurance would cover it, but I have a $500 deductible, and it’s really only about $250(max) in damage. The alignment only cost me $80, lucky that I have a friend that owns a bike shop, Yamaha wanted to charge $80 to just look at it, then another $150 to do the alignment.

Hopefully I can find someone that has a front fender for sale, I’ve looked up the OEM one, but I would rather try to find a used one that is in good shape.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get well soon FZ6, hopefully the cager will be plagued with guilty nightmares for some time to come.

Nelly

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Painful to hear! Hope you get her fixed up.

Once again, thankful I don't like in a Condo/apartment complex!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's be truthful, you cried.

Sorry to hear about that, motorcycles need to be parked in a separate area where it won't get knocked over from vehicles.

Think about it, our bikes are no higher than a shopping cart. With all these high profile vehicles, it's practically impossible for these lazy ass drivers to see when they back up. And when they do back up, 90% of the drivers don't know how to properly back up. Meaning they don't look over their shoulders to see. They're probably talking on their cell phones, and utilize the parking area to make it easier for them to back up, when in fact your bike is parked in that spot.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys!

Insurance would cover it, but I have a $500 deductible, and it’s really only about $250(max) in damage. The alignment only cost me $80, lucky that I have a friend that owns a bike shop, Yamaha wanted to charge $80 to just look at it, then another $150 to do the alignment.

Hopefully I can find someone that has a front fender for sale, I’ve looked up the OEM one, but I would rather try to find a used one that is in good shape.

Sucks to hear about this! I luckily can see my bike in the parking lot at work from my office, because one day I saw someone in my building hit it with his truck. I don't know how it happened, but my bike didn't fall, just spun around on the sidestand. I still needed a headlight, fender, and strangely a front axle, but he paid for it all.

I still have my old fender if you want it, it's yours. It's red and has a small crack from the hit, but it might be better than nothing. PM me if you want it.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Car parks are bad....

Definitely park at the top of the bay next time, so your bike is visible.

Hope she's back to her glorious self soon :)

Blake

Reaction score
Visit site
Sucks to hear about this! I luckily can see my bike in the parking lot at work from my office, because one day I saw someone in my building hit it with his truck. I don't know how it happened, but my bike didn't fall, just spun around on the sidestand. I still needed a headlight, fender, and strangely a front axle, but he paid for it all.

I still have my old fender if you want it, it's yours. It's red and has a small crack from the hit, but it might be better than nothing. PM me if you want it.

Exactly why this forum is the best. PM sent! Thank you!

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing those pics just raises my blood pressure, and it's not even my FZ. Some people..........:shakehead: I'd love to catch someone doing that and fleeing. I'd then follow them, figure out where they park regularly, get some friends, and flip their car on it's side and just leave it. See how they like it!

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, some people are just ignorant! To hit your bike hard enough that it tipped over the driver would have felt something...even if they weren't paying attention. But to then drive away like nothing happened?? Brutal!

Good luck with your fix...

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S INFUSE using Tapatalk