Air filters

Juby

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there...Its time for me to change the oil in my fz and was contemplating putting k\n airfilter... id just like to get some feedback to see if its worth it or should I just stick with the same brand I have now (Factory).

Thanks

08 black fz6 two bros exhaust, fender eliminator, black windscreen, rear seat cover,....two years riding experience 8months with the fz and lovin it

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
ihave the kn filter. i did not find any increase in performance or noise, not even a slight increase nothing just like standard. my exhaust is stock tho, maybe a little more air and free flowing exhaust that you have you may find a change in note or a slight performance increase. dont bank on it tho its just my opinion

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Your factory filter will filter the air better. Just inspect it periodically and clean it out using a wet/dry vacuum, or any vacuum with a hose attachment. If it's too dirty, replace it.

That's it.

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Down here the K & N is about twice the price of the factory filter element.
The K & N element can be cleaned and reoiled which is an excellent feauture especially in a dusty climate such as Australia's.

The factory element can't be vacuumed and reused according to the manual.
Mine is getting replaced this weekend as when I did the BD headlight mod, I noticed the original filter wa getting dirty.

I have used a Yamaha replacement as I can't justify the extra expense. I would rather spend the extra $40 for a K & N filter on an oil change.

Just my opinion.
Rumpole