Ahhhhhhh...

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
...that's so MUCH MO betta :thumbup: I had my SW-Motech engine cage/guard installed today along with a pair of highway pegs. "The boys" no longer go numb (wooHOOO :BLAA:) and the stock seat feels so much more comfortable after a few miles/hours! I had been considering trading in on a more comfortable tourer (FJR or the new Honda 700) but now, I think Msr. Fizzer will be w/me for the duration - at least it won't be a trade in when/if I go for an "upgrade". I'm now REALLY looking forward to my COMFORTABLE 3 hour plus ride to and up Mt. Washington next month :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

The leisurely ride from from Twisted Throttle (where they installed it) up the coast home was so much more enojoyable than the ride down.

I'm REALLY confused now - thx to the new riding position, I'm not sure what to think of my mental self image (that semi "laid out" look of a cruiser rider on a sport bike, fitted out to be a tourer :eek: LOL; wait till I put on my Cee Bailey wind screen in October :spank: :ban: :eek:).

No pictures (yet) since I just got in the door...just wanted to let y'all know.

BTW, for those considering this, don't go with the Givi cage! The SW Motech fits the fizzer W/O blocking access to the oil drain or the filter :D

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! sounds like you made the right choice! At least your not in the "giving birth" riding position as are many others...

(waiting for the pics!)

You said Mt Washington ride, if your up for some company post up, I'm sure some of us up here would tag along, if you so choose.:thumbup:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, for those considering this, don't go with the Givi cage! The SW Motech fits the fizzer W/O blocking access to the oil drain or the filter :D

Thank you, fizz_off. I was actually wondering that, as it was not 100% clear from the pictures i'd seen.

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

I wanna see!

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
Y'kay,
Finally got around to taking some shots of the new cage and highway pegs. So far only had to adjust the right side peg because it was canted a bit too much to the outer edge (down); it's now parallel to the ground and I'm even thinking of raising the outer edge up a smidge. So far, I'm so glad (my butt and right knee REALLY appreciates it :thumbup:) I had this done! :Flash: :cheer:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Each to their own, I'd say. That mod really screwed up the looks of your bike, dude. :spank:

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with you on the cage, but those footpegs...:don'tknow:

A cage is my next mod (on the list anyway) :thumbup:

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
Each to their own, I'd say. That mod really screwed up the looks of your bike, dude. :spank:

:D I could give a #$%^ what it looks like :D I don't have to look at it as I'm riding - comfort is more important (to me) than "looks". :thumbup:

I don't think they look THAT bad, especially in black...

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
To each his own..

I would say that is a sensible mod! I like it.

would you share details on where to get this setup?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
:D I could give a #$%^ what it looks like :D I don't have to look at it as I'm riding - comfort is more important (to me) than "looks". :thumbup:

I don't think they look THAT bad, especially in black...
I think the black cage and quite nice pegs look a lot nicer than other highway peg combinations look. I'm planning forward controls for my second bike! :spank: If I didn't have a lower fairing on my bike I'd install them. In fact, if I could somehow have the fairing and highway pegs I would. Maybe I could get a cage fabbed up that would stick outside the fairing and go through holes at a couple of points. Hmmm...

Got any pics from further away?

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
To each his own..

I would say that is a sensible mod! I like it.

would you share details on where to get this setup?

Go to TwistedThrottle.com I don't have links or search tips since I don't use their web site for anything other than to get an idea of what's available since I live so close to their warehouse. If there's anything they have that I desire, I always enjoy the ride up/down the coast (then head inland :( to get home) to their warehouse. In fact, I've been known to take 4+ hours on the way back (waylaid myself to the Cape once LOL). This last trip, I wandered around and discovered a military aircraft museum I will be going back to visit (they were just about to close when I arrived) before the snow (sorry :spank: :spank: :spank:) flies.

...sorry, I ramble :spank:

Anyhoo - I suspect you should be able to find the cage and foot pegs quite easily on the site. The cage is SW Motech and the pegs have "MFW-KBA" on them. Hope that helps.

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the black cage and quite nice pegs look a lot nicer than other highway peg combinations look. I'm planning forward controls for my second bike! :spank: If I didn't have a lower fairing on my bike I'd install them. In fact, if I could somehow have the fairing and highway pegs I would. Maybe I could get a cage fabbed up that would stick outside the fairing and go through holes at a couple of points. Hmmm...

Now you're just being SILLY (kidding LOL/:BLAA:). Actually, I was JUST wondering the same thing (RE: fairing) during a quiet straight stretch of road next to the reservoir I took on my return ride today :eek: :D I'm happy with the set up as it is now.

...Got any pics from further away?

Nope - took a couple but the pegs and to a certain extent, the cage, were hard to notice/see from a distance...the set I posted are the best I could do; otherwise the pegs probably wouldn't have been as visible (and that was the whole point of my post, yes? :D).