AfterMarket Handlebars??

LilMissRed

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, i just bought my 2006 fz6 and im loving it so far. My only complaint is the handlebars. I would like to go a little lower and maybe not as wide so when im laying down its a little more comfortable. What kind of conversion can i go with?
Thankyou
Haylie :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello LilMissRed and Welcome to the forum!! - there are options but I can't imagine putting shorter bars on the Fizzer. But its all up to you - The FZ1 bars are low but to get what you seek, they'd need to be shortened by cutting and then buy some after market bar ends. I suggest these as they are pretty inexpensive at $35 shipped from Yamaha.

Here is a thread that has some info and links to other bar related threads. . .

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/42444-renthal-755-bars-vs-fz1-bars-take-look.html

Get used to the search function or use google as others do and you can find lots of info here. Be safe!!!

D

Dave.TX

Welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of help here and good reading.

Most popular would be the FZ1 bar conversion (lots of links on this site for it). Some also go the FZ6R bars as they're also inexpensive and don't have the exact same angles as the FZ6 bars resulting in better comfort. Renthal Road (ultra-low, low, medium...) work well too as do the Rizoma bars.

I just swapped from Renthal Road Medium to Rizoma and am completely happy. Both bars are top quality, it's all personal choice. I love the looks of Kazza's bike (not the yellow one as her avatar), it's gorgeous! Mine, plain black but with red bars it sticks out a bit and I like it. Also have machined HVMP weighted bar ends that work well and look fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator: