after market exhaust -- input sought

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
trying to justify the benefits (not the cost) of aftermarket exhaust

I know the sound would be louder.... and that has advantages in town with people hearing me

on the open road -----not so good.....interferes with Ipod listening

makes the bike faster (maybe)-- but I have not been over 130 anyways

just hashing things out in my mind... comments????

H

HavBlue

trying to justify the benefits (not the cost) of aftermarket exhaust

I know the sound would be louder.... and that has advantages in town with people hearing me

on the open road -----not so good.....interferes with Ipod listening

makes the bike faster (maybe)-- but I have not been over 130 anyways

just hashing things out in my mind... comments????

Understand this, when you think about others hearing you with the aftermarket exhaust, the benefit is only to the rear and at times to the sides when you are in close proximity to say cages and such. Any benefit to the front of you is extremely limited because all the sound is going out the back. If this sound has something to bounce off of (read as a cage, wall or some other deflective medium) you will gain awareness from the front. I do however understand the need for the FZ6 to sound healthier and this has always been my problem too. Yeah, 4 years worth.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just recorded a Two Brothers exhaust sound off this site onto my iPod and saved $1,000! :p

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just want one for the weight and sound, i like to looks of after market but the stock looks like one of the best stock systems out there,

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife is giving me an iPod Nano 8GB for Christmas. I've no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I understand it's very cool to have one.
Oh...edited to add a comment re: aftermarket exhaust. :D
I love the look of the carbon-fiber cans, especially the Two Brothers system. I am having great difficulty with spending a grand on more noise, however.
Scorpion systems are a bit cheaper, but I would like cone ends on the mufflers...they're the only ones that look good on an FZ6 imo.

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

Yeah if I want noise I get on my Harley. If I want noise on the FZ6 I just take the RPM's into the 8-10K range and the speed makes me forget it is not noisy;)

That's pretty much where I am at. At 10-14,000rpm who cares about noise....

Besides, if they can't hear me from 1/4 mile away they won't know I just blew through their area at 100mph and the cops can continue eating their donuts.....

Yeah, uninterupted too.....

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i got the Scorpions carb fib off of flea-bay for $430 shipped to my door and love the sound. As far as the weight, if i had to guess the stock is about 30-40 lbs, the scorpions carb fib weight 10-20 again that a guess

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the stainless Scorpions on my '06' and having installed them myself, I'm guessing they weigh less than the stock system. As far as noise, they are louder than stock but not annoying. At freeway speeds, you can't hear much anyway.