Affordable HID Retrofitting Services!!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Affordable HID Retrofitting is operational! Offering affordable headlight upgrades built to your specifications.

If you prefer to do your own retrofit, we can even help out with price. Let me know, and we can help you out!

When inquiring about a Retrofit, please include exactly what you want (Housing/shroud color, Shroud choice, projector choice, Bulb color), to limit back and forth messages. Everything is below, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

**Payment plans to help with the cost, since it can get expensive.**
Terms: 30% Down, minimum of $50 payments until paid in full on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Work will begin after final payment and arrival of headlight housing. I have all the details in a Order form/Contract combination. Send me an e-mail address for this form.

New Exclusive to FZ forum members
Now offering pod lighting in one of 5 colors!! The colors are:

Amber, Red, Green, White, Blue

Facebook Information Page: https://www.facebook.com/AffordableHIDRetrofitting

Email: [email protected]

Recommended shroud choices:

E55-R - Projector Shrouds from The Retrofit Source Inc
GTi-R - Projector Shrouds from The Retrofit Source Inc
Iris - Projector Shrouds from The Retrofit Source Inc
Mini Graphite - Projector Shrouds from The Retrofit Source Inc

Turn around times

Basic Retrofit: 1 Day + Shipping
Custom Retrofit: 2-3 Days + Shipping
Local Total Retrofit: 2 Days (weather & schedule permitting)

Retrofit Packages

HID Retrofits

Basic Retro Fit (Includes Opening Headlight, Installing projector(s), Painting 1 color [if desired], Resealing headlight)
Custom Retro Fit (Includes Basic + Painting reflector and/or shroud 2 colors)

Accessories / Upgrades

Additional Paint Color
Angel Eyes (LED only)
Pod lighting
Wiring Bike, Mounting Ballast(s),Testing (Local only)
Side Emitting LED strip
Colored LED strips
Failed Attempt Repair (Fix mistakes)

Contact me for a price quote!
*Note* Payments via paypal are subject to a 3% payment processing fee.

409604_471970706193919_1124775405_n.png
23358_471970696193920_1411662716_n.png

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Affordable Retrofitting Services!!

Can I get a sticky on this?
Stuck as requested, I would suggest that you add HID to the title of the thread to help make the search function more specific.
Good luck,
Neil

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

you have any experience with HID's on a street fighter application?

The FZ6R headlight is essentially a street fighter headlight, as in without the fairings, it is an FZ8 headlight. The challenge with a street fighter is mounting a ballast, but it isn't impossible. It can be done.

Stuck as requested, I would suggest that you add HID to the title of the thread to help make the search function more specific.
Good luck,
Neil

That is a good suggestion. Could you do that for me, since I don't have mod powers on this forum? I appreciate it!!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

you have any experience with HID's on a street fighter application?

Now that I looked up pictures of your bike, and it looks good by the way, I am not sure that is possible to be retrofitted. The projectors are almost the same size as the headlights that you have on there. You would need a housing to place the projector into. I am not well versed in fiberglass, so I couldn't help with a custom housing.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

i got ya, the only thing i have found that is close is a buell setup, do you know of any water proof projecters?

that fz1 is sexy by the way!

Thanks, man. I appreciate the compliment.

I am not sure about waterproof projectors, there is a solenoid that controls the cutoff door. Would have to look into that. The kits that I buy are from here:

The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications

I am going to start practicing with fiberglass at some point I think....

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you do this for my SV1k?? All i want are 6000k bulbs fully installed with my reflectors painted black. Hopefully plug and play operation. :BLAA: Can you shoot me a pm with pricing please

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
FZRblack -
got a question

for the dual projector retrofits - how are you aligning the projectors? From digging around on the web this seems like an important step.

Thanks
FB

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZRblack -
got a question

for the dual projector retrofits - how are you aligning the projectors? From digging around on the web this seems like an important step.

Thanks
FB

The projectors are mounted to the reflector housings, so to align them, you need a level surface, and a wall in front of you. Use the adjustment screws, just like you would with your halogen bulbs, and align the cutoffs at the proper level. I usually do this at a distance of 13-15 feet. Easy enough to do.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh so you are using the alignment screws? This could be done with the unit sealed up, yes? I thought there was some method to securing the projectors into the unit themselves. Or is there more to this than it appears?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: Affordable HID Retrofitting Services!!

Oh so you are using the alignment screws? This could be done with the unit sealed up, yes? I thought there was some method to securing the projectors into the unit themselves. Or is there more to this than it appears?

Sorry I never saw this post. Stock alignment screws are used. Yes, it can be done with the unit sealed. No, the projector is mounted to the reflector. Their are other methods, but the reflector mounting is the cleanest and easiest.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2