advice on ebay covers

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in San Diego and looking for a cheap lightweight cover just use at work. I"m thinking of buying those cheap ebay covers, anyone have any problems with them or any other recommendations? with the emphasis on lightweight and cheap hehe.:thumbup:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Skip ebay and just go to your local Cyclegear store. They sell an inexpensive cover that fits great. Their "trackside" brand in size large. They may even let you try different sizes to ensure you get the right one...

I buy these and then, before first use, I'll spray 'em with some sort of waterproof/uv protection. They last about a year of solid use before deteriorating.

Cycle Gear - Motorcycle Apparel, Parts and Accessories

mayoke

Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW, I found a motorcycle cover at Target. :eek: (It's like a K-Mart or Wal-Mart if you don't know.) I was a bit surprised but it was $25 so I bought one. It's actually pretty nice. Very light but has held out light-medium rain. It has heat padding in the back but it's not high enough for the FZ6's underseat exhaust. It has bungees on the bottom to secure it. It folds up pretty small. Small enough that I can put it back in it's storage bag and fit it in my Joe Rocket tail bag.

For $25, it was a helluva bargain! :thumbup:

mayoke

Reaction score
Visit site
As a follow up, I ordered one of the Nelson Rigg covers. I ordered a large and it fits PERFECTLY. (It states it's for 750-1000cc sportbikes.) There is no sag and it's quite tight. The quality is top notch and you can feel the difference between this one and the one I bought from Target for $25. For the extra $5 it's PERFECT!

IMG_0043-vi.jpg

IMG_0044-vi.jpg

S

sm00thpapa

I got a sportbike cover at walmart for $19.95 and it works great.