Advice needed...Shipping Hornet from UK

gstephen70

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been back and forth with a Honda dealer in UK who has a 2009 CB900F in a burnt orange color with a blacked out engine. As I haven't seen this color combo, I am thinking it's only on 2009's as they stopped production.

Here's the thing. I can ship it here, no problem. However, my fear is that once I get it here, I won't be able to register it.

I really like this bike and I rode an earlier Hornet last week and I like the bike a lot. It is exactly what I want.

Has anyone done this successfully? TIA.

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont see it being a problem to register it here as long as it is street legal. But I don't think it would be worth the import fees shipping and taxes. You could just look at getting the cb1000 here

gstephen70

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont see it being a problem to register it here as long as it is street legal. But I don't think it would be worth the import fees shipping and taxes. You could just look at getting the cb1000 here

I thought about that, but having such a rare bike in an even rarer color appeals to me. Then again, if the cost of pulling this off is too high, I'll probably go with the S3R instead.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
we have stricter emissions laws here i think, but euro bikes don't come with the california emissions thing (it's always mentioned in service manuals)

you'd also need to get the lights switched over to point in the right (wrong) direction

tbh it might be cheaper to just get a custom paint job