Acculign Top Clamp

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well after weeks of waiting it's here! The worlds first Acculign Top Clamp for the '04 to '08 Yamaha FZ6.

To recap, I ditched the stock bar for ConvertiBar clip ons. As a result I have this ugly clamp looking back at me. A dude on a BMW R12000S pulled up and said, "What the hell is that???" So it's go to GO! I searched for top clamp and no one makes one, until NOW. I was Googling "custom motorcycle parts" and bang! up comes Acculign. They make Duc, Aprillia and MV Agusta rearsets, triple clamps and shift levers. And the best part is they are in Austin. Called them and they said come on down lets see what we can do. Well here it is...

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Very sexy!!! Good on ya for 'filling the gap' for custom FZ6 top clamps!

Turned out great! If I ever go the clip-on route this will be on my "must buy" list.

Well done and thank you for all your efforts to make this item a reality!! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When Mark, the owner of Acculign designed this the goal was to keep it simple, well he got into it and tweaked it quite a bit. We were going to use a simple steel tab for the ignition lock...well he machine it in. He also developed risers...errr...lowers to mount the ignition on to. We moved the pinch bolts as far forward as possible so the ConvertiBars have a max range of adjustment. There is a fitting for the stock cable guide and it uses the stock pinch bolts. When we installed it, it slipped on perfectly, just like stock.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks very lean and mean.

They/you have actually redesigned the whole thing. The first thing I thought was the pinch bolts positions are different.

What about a side elevation picture

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a before and after, HUGE difference, very clean looking.

There are two other top clamps just like this one. I DO NOTknow the price yet as Mark wasn't in when I picked it up. I am pretty sure he it going to add this to his stock inventory.

I'll call him tomorrow and ask what the price it and how he wants to handle orders.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a reason you would get rid of the handlebar or is it simply for looks?

Looks good alright...but i'd love to see more images showing the whole grip area from the top and side!! :) (if its not too much to ask for of course!! :D)

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Very nice looking piece of metal. Very nice indeed.

It's a damned shame about the blue paint on the rest of the bike.

Fred

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a reason you would get rid of the handlebar or is it simply for looks?

Looks good alright...but i'd love to see more images showing the whole grip area from the top and side!! :) (if its not too much to ask for of course!! :D)

I felt like I was riding an 1984 Honda Shadow. I wanted a lower riding position.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
damn top that is looking good! you should have had him engrave "600riders.com" into it!

also is that one anodized? it looked kind of like metal or just silver paint.... hard to tell from the pic.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn top that is looking good! you should have had him engrave "600riders.com" into it!

also is that one anodized? it looked kind of like metal or just silver paint.... hard to tell from the pic.

It is a clear anodization. It's really neat as you can see the "grains" of the metal. I'm not sure how to explain it. Mark is one of our suppliers at work and we have some very advanced surface finishes that we require. He uses those on his work.

I'll try to take some better photos over the next couple of days.

I'd really like to get a set of his rearsets. They are SO cool.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well, what are ya waiting for....moneybags? :Flip:

I'm gettin' married, I'm broke now! I had to buy a ring, plane tickets, hotel rooms, tux, the wedding ceremony, etc., etc. I'm BROKE! So much for my Ohlins. Hey what if I wore the Ohlins on my finger????