Accident last night... V3.0 destroyed.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wavex I'm glad that you got out of this terrible accident pretty much unscaved/unscathed. Not too many people how your "luck", but still the odds are scary. I hope the other person involved gets what they deserve, no matter what BS excuse she comes up with. It doesn't jive with how she drove at that moment. Just like most people here, we all had our fair share of this scenario or close to it. As a matter of fact, just last week on my way home (a longer route than usual), after making a clear right turn at a TL I had notice some traffic build up on the right side of the road. I decided to go on the left side (2 lanes on my side) when I noticed an SUV keeping a good amount of space between he and the car in front of him. Of course I thought, hmm looks like an accident waiting to happen. True enough as I slowed down to that point and honking (just in case) and IDIOT cager pulls in quickly without even creeping in slowly to watch for incoming traffic!! I quickly pulled my breaks and ending up with a little endo. The MOTHERF'er just kept on going after he saw me and what he just did. Then at the traffic light we both made a left turn, keeping a good distance between us that same IDIOT cager turns on his right hand turn signal and pulls in front of the Post Office (appearing to park) where another vehicle was park. Then he F"ing decides to pull back into traffic as I pass along side of him. Again I put on the brakes and lifted my visor and cursing the sh*t out of him, told him this is twice now he did these without looking. All this cager could do was shrug his shoulder and signal for me to hurry up and go ahead of him. I was so tempted kick out my sidestand and make a lasting impression on this MOTHERF'ers face. The nerve of that IDIOT, I was actually hoping that a local police officer was behind us to witness this guy's reckless driving, I'm sure I would be justified if I beat the sh*t out of him. I went home and cooled off and didn't tell the missus or else I won't see any riding for some time.
But to get back to you, I am very happy that you're okay. Just curious, with your recent odds with accidents, have you thought of taking the "other" mode of transportation a little more?? I certainly wouldn't want you to give up riding, far from it. I just don't want to "know of you", but to "know you" and be able to keep reading about your good rides and your good looking ride.
Just be carefull Bro, too many F"ing idiots out there and not enough of us.

Ares

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To summarize, I leave work last night at about 5:00pm, and about a block down the street, an asian woman pulls out of a parking lot onto the 1st lane of a 3 lane street -I was in the far left lane-... she was quite aggressive pulling out of there so I get on the brakes to get ready to stop for her ass... her plan was to make a left hand turn, thus crossing the 3 lanes of traffic and the center lane to go the opposite direction, but after getting on the street, she stops abruptly on the far right lane (perpendicular to traffic), so I assume she saw me and I let go of the brakes... I open a little throttle to get back to 45mph when she decides to move forward again! my first hope was that she was trying to make it quickly to the center lane, but NO! she stops right in my lane, after she saw me and panicked -I assume-... At that time I was maybe 50-75feet away from her and my options were limited as I knew I had a car behind me in the middle lane (no swerving right at this point), and heavy oncoming traffic to the left... so I get on the brakes hard, but it was not enough stopping distance... I think I was doing a light endo right up until the impact with the front left quarter-panel of the Mercedes... at that point I remember flying in the air, doing a 360 forward flip and landing on my helmet and right shoulder 20 feet away...

My first instinctive move was to roll on my belly to check if I was in the middle of traffic... I rolled again once or twice making my way into the center lane and just laid there on my back for a few minutes, trying to feel my arms and legs... my first thought was that I broke my shoulder or clavicle (I had broken it already when I was a kid), and my neck was stiff as hell... so I did not move until the ambulance got there a few minutes later.

8 hours, a Cat-scan and a X-ray later, I have no broken bones and not a scratch on my body... just a very sore right neck & right shoulder.

The asian lady was freaking out after the accident, asking me if I was alright... I did not say a word to anyone and just laid there (which freaked her out even more since she couldn`t see my face due to the tinted faceshield), she was crying and telling everybody she looked 2 or 3 times and did not see me at all. Basically, it reminded me of this: YouTube - Think! Look twice for motorcycles

I don`t know what`s up with the bike... I had a quick glimpse at it laying on the ground... liquid poring out of it... I don`t know if it'll be totaled or not, we`ll see... right now I am waiting for my layer to call me back, before I call my insurance.

I kinda hope it is totaled :lol...
Speed Triple? Ducati 848? we shall see :D

On the bright side, checkout what got here today:

2649833831_e0957236ea_o.jpg

:banana :lao
Hi David,I am so glad you are OK, FFS she could have killed you. You have nine lives mate (well 7 left) please don't use any more up.
Do you think you could have avoided it at all? God bless you and your gear.

If its totaled can I get first dibs on your seat and Exhaust?
Get better son, sue the lunatic to kingdom come.

Nelly

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What I can't stand are the drivers who fail to use turn signals! If I get cut off from a bad or aggressive lane change, but that driver took the time to signal, even though they just cut me off, I'm really not that upset because they gave me a second to realize that they were making a lane change. It's the drivers who fail to use their turn signals and make their lane changes are the ones I get really pissed off because it catches me off guard. How freaking lazy to you have to be not to use your turn signal. A second isn't really a lot, but it seems like an enternity if they used their signals properly during a bad lane change. Heck, I'm even guilty myself making a bad lane change in the past, but I always used my signals. I also remembered being honked at too for the bad lane change, so the horn does work. Use your HORN!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa, glad you're okay David! :eek: I'd almost agree with some posters, don't get back on a bike, but I don't believe in luck or karma; but still...

Your accident brings up a question I've always had about someone turning in front of you: do you swerve to go around behind him, hoping he doesn't suddenly see you, and stop? Or do you swerve in front of him, hoping he sees you and brakes in time? I've had several folks turn left in front of me so far, but every time I was able to brake and come to a stop; one of these times I won't be so lucky, and will have to swerve.

Might make a good topic of discussion on its own thread.

Again, so glad you're relatively okay, and I admire your willingness to jump right back in the saddle! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to add my voice - glad you are ok. You seem to be covering all your bases, and also keeping your spirits up. Take time and mend, then hopefully back in the saddle. Sorry about your custom bike (I think that's what you're referring to).

My cousin was killed on his Harley two weeks ago up at Laconia. Drunk driver crossed the center line and plowed into him at night. Guy was still legally drunk 5 hrs after the crash. Richie didn't have a chance.
p.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I too am glad that you are OK. Glad that you apparently got your speed down enough to lessen the impact (so to speak).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa, glad you're okay David! :eek: I'd almost agree with some posters, don't get back on a bike, /quote]

Well don't include me as one of these posters as I totally disagree. If you all take the time to read Wavex's rider resume, he has been a dedicated rider. If anyone has ridden in heavy traffic mixed in with a bunch of drivers who have absolutlely no business being behind the wheel, these things are going to happen. It's the risk that we all take riding a motorcycle. Dont ever think that it can't happen to you! The only thing that we can control is what kind of gear we decide to wear in the event that we go down. A rider's knowledge, skills and abilities cannot save you all the time.

Give Wavex an A for being in the very left lane when the potential threat was from the right. Thats Knowledge

Give Wavex an A for execution, brake, throttle or not to throttle. Thats Skill

Give Wavex a C-for not using the horn...Thats where your abilities kicks in. Use all of the necessary tools that are available to you in your defence.

Just my two Cents!

S

sportrider

Glad your OK!!! jeez some guys will do anything to avoid getting married.:justkidding:

in all seriousness though, sorry about your bike. hind sight being what it is, if you could have a redo is there anything you would have done differently?
hopefully they total it for you. don't be quick to take there first offer, neck and back injuries are no joke, and impossible to disprove. you should get a nice settlement out of this. was she ticketed for failure to yeild the right of way?

if you do end up fixing your bike I forbid you from calling it Version 4.0, I think it would be bad karma!!!

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that sucks!! Glad you are ok!! ..... You can always get a new bike......

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your OK bro,but if thats what I have to do to get motogp tickets,I think I'll watch it on tv :thumbup:

Get well soon,go the street tripple 675 :D

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
This sucks. I'm glad you're OK though.

What kind of gear were you wearing?

If the Fizzer's totalled, you should still take the wreck and put it in the show just for fun.

Fred

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
First of all, before I answer some of your warm messages more personally, I want to say that you guys are awesome!
I've been reading the forum rules (finally! I know lol), and hearing the staff/mods always mention that "this is a family forum", and always wondered what it really meant... well now I have to say that I understand why. I am very glad to have you all as friends.

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So she pulled the ol' double fake move on ya, eh? Those cagers are crafty, crafty I tell ya! Gonna have to file that one under, 'Tricks cagers pull'.

Hope all turns out well!

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
a good friend of mine had the same thing happen to him wedneday, except he was on a pedal bike (he had just qualified to bike in the empire state games). He's not nearly as lucky as you were, as he broke 3 vertabrae, and is lucky to be walking.

Glad you're alright man, and after 3 serious wrecks in so little time. The bike, while a work of art, really, is just a machine that can be replaced, but walking away is something even more amazing at times.

Good luck with the totalling, and I can't wait to see v4.0, or what becomes of an 848 speed triple, or whatever follows.

Just, no more accidents bro...although I bet your insurance company loves you by now!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i know eh. its almost like she was TRYING to hit you. homicidal asian/women drivers i tellz ya!!!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just, no more accidents bro...although I bet your insurance company loves you by now!

haha cant you just picture some guy named "Wallace" sitting behind his desk wearing a red bowtie and suspenders seeing you walk in and his eyes bug out "WHAT YOU WRECKED ANOTHER BIKE?!?!??!"

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Bad luck. Glad to hear you're OK!!!! More proof that some bikes can be hard to see coming. Don't forget the horn next time. It's not 100% either, but it's one more way to get their attention. I hit the horn eveytime there's a car waiting to pull out from the left or the right.

Can't wait to see V4.0! Get to work on it soon.