Accepting the fz6's look for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
As a bike owner its fun fun fun to do cosmetic mods to personalize your bike to separate yourself from the masses. But do you feel owners here have gone overboard somewhat? I'm not talking about little things like lights, levers, and exhaust. I'm talking about mods that completely change the look of the fz6 from the factory. To each his own i realize, but some of the mods i've seen here are just plain fugly and funny. Lets face it, its not a sport bike nor a streetfighter. This bike has its own lines, yamaha designed it this way and we bought one. I like it, so i bought one. If i had wanted a sport bike, i would have bought an r6 and sucked up the riding position. If i wanted a complete naked bike i would have bought a ducati streetfighter , hence the name. Nothing worse than a tricked out wannabee that isnt. I'm not saying the fz6 cant be a streetfigher, i actually like looking at uk's naked version. But leave your factory lines alone, they look good. I saw a katana the other day with half the fairings taken off. Ooooof. And no it wasnt in a wreck. Just Laughing.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow can't beleive no ones weighed in yet. Not really sure if its because your so obviously clueless or if they are trying to be nice.

The Ducati Streetfighter IS NOT A STREET FIGHTER. Street Fighters have been around for a very long time its been out for a few months. A Street Fighter is a bike that has been modified with parts that just can't be bought from a store by Joe Bloe. Any bike can be one with the right investment of time and money. Some people think just normal customisations make a Street Fighter, others beleive it takes a bit more.

Also the FZ6 is a naked bike in many countries. I wouldn't expect you to have done any research into it, but I bought my stock standard 08 FZ6 in white BRAND NEW with no fairings. Its a naked bike. Thats why its commonly known as the FZ6-N. You don't get it in the states for whatever reason. It is worth pointing out people do convert their S's to N's to reduce repair costs or for other reasons in the states.

Now personally I beleive that motorcycling is a passion, and think most people share that feeling here, and while I may not always like what people do to their bikes I respect their choices and their right to make it their own. No ones forcing me to do it.

The only fugly thing I've seen in this forum in a long while is your attitude.

sonic

Reaction score
Visit site
So by your standard, those that want sport bike looks and performance and touring bike ergonomics are screwed? We should be forced to settle, just because you say so?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
ImpliedFacepalm.png

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow can't beleive no ones weighed in yet. Not really sure if its because your so obviously clueless or if they are trying to be nice.
The only fugly thing I've seen in this forum in a long while is your attitude.

Ouch, that seems kinda harsh. I don't know if the OP was really deserving of both barrels like that.

If I read the post correctly, I think he was sorta just praising the lines of what Yamaha designed. I bought the bike because I like the stock lines.

I don't have any opinion at all about anyone doing whatever they want to their bike. I say party on, Garth, go with your bad self. On this site we've got: bone stock, additional plastic, no plastic, and then we've got Jamie (wolfman).

I am moto rider, hear me roar.

Maybe the post was read before morning coffee or somethin', I dunno. I just took it a different way.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
As a bike owner its fun fun fun to do cosmetic mods to personalize your bike to separate yourself from the masses. But do you feel owners here have gone overboard somewhat? I'm not talking about little things like lights, levers, and exhaust. I'm talking about mods that completely change the look of the fz6 from the factory. To each his own i realize, but some of the mods i've seen here are just plain fugly and funny. Lets face it, its not a sport bike nor a streetfighter. This bike has its own lines, yamaha designed it this way and we bought one. I like it, so i bought one. If i had wanted a sport bike, i would have bought an r6 and sucked up the riding position. If i wanted a complete naked bike i would have bought a ducati streetfighter , hence the name. Nothing worse than a tricked out wannabee that isnt. I'm not saying the fz6 cant be a streetfigher, i actually like looking at uk's naked version. But leave your factory lines alone, they look good. I saw a katana the other day with half the fairings taken off. Ooooof. And no it wasnt in a wreck. Just Laughing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! If you don't want to mod your bike then don't, that's your choice. It always astounds me when I see posts like this. Why do you care? Does it bother you that much? This is not a one size fits all kind of thing, different people have different taste and mod their bikes accordingly.

You know what they say about opinions!:D

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
As a bike owner its fun fun fun to do cosmetic mods to personalize your bike to separate yourself from the masses. But do you feel owners here have gone overboard somewhat?

How can anyone go overboard its their bike.

some of the mods i've seen here are just plain fugly and funny.

Hmmmm.... not seeing him complimenting the stock bike look here, just criticism.

Lets face it, its not a sport bike nor a streetfighter.

No bikes come stock as a street fighter. I don't know but here (Aus), the FZ6 is classified as a Sports bike, the Super Sports are the full faired bikes with the more aggressive seating positions. Furthermore our bike is renowned for being an amazing all rounder. It can do everything.

This bike has its own lines, yamaha designed it this way and we bought one. I like it, so i bought one.

Funny cause most people here paid for theirs as well. Unless your offering reimbursement for people to return to the standard look I can't see the relevance.

If i had wanted a sport bike, i would have bought an r6 and sucked up the riding position. If i wanted a complete naked bike i would have bought a ducati streetfighter, hence the name.

Honestly have never understood this comparison between the FZ6 and R6, its sportier and full faired, ours is an all rounder capable of pretty similar things except on the race track or at the real extremes.
Also as stated above the FZ6 comes naked in alot of countries.

Nothing worse than a tricked out wannabee that isnt.

Yea like that Ducati Street Fighter. The FZ6 on the other hand can be pretty much anything, thats why its such an amazing bike.

I'm not saying the fz6 cant be a streetfigher, i actually like looking at uk's naked version.

Pretty sure you did say that actually.

But leave your factory lines alone, they look good.

Thanks for your opinion but please don't be upset when those who don't agree go their own way, I'm pretty sure when people say "each to their own" its not "each to their own as long as you stay within the limitations I've decided to set"

I saw a katana the other day with half the fairings taken off. Ooooof. And no it wasnt in a wreck. Just Laughing.

You should have found the rider and told him, I'm sure it would have gone down really well. I would even have sent you a card in hospital.

Ouch, that seems kinda harsh. I don't know if the OP was really deserving of both barrels like that.

If I read the post correctly, I think he was sorta just praising the lines of what Yamaha designed. I bought the bike because I like the stock lines.

I don't have any opinion at all about anyone doing whatever they want to their bike. I say party on, Garth, go with your bad self. On this site we've got: bone stock, additional plastic, no plastic, and then we've got Jamie (wolfman).

I am moto rider, hear me roar.

Maybe the post was read before morning coffee or somethin', I dunno. I just took it a different way.

The red text is the part about the bike looking nice as is. Pretty miniscule part of the post. I've never been one to try and extract the pleasantry out of things when its not there, and I don't really like encouraging people to be so judgemental of other peoples choices.
I respect this guys feeling that the stock bike looks best, but I really can't accept the fact he seems to think everyone should agree. My bikes pretty much stock, and I love it, but some people on this forum have gone to the extremes and done astonishing and breathtaking work on their bikes, investing time, money and often blood into their pride and joy and as far as I'm concerned they deserve all the praise they can get.

If he had started a thread about how awesome the bike looks stock standard I would have been in there agreeing whole heartedly and giving him a pat on the back.

brico

Reaction score
Visit site
How can anyone go overboard its their bike.

Hmmmm.... not seeing him complimenting the stock bike look here, just criticism.

No bikes come stock as a street fighter. I don't know but here (Aus), the FZ6 is classified as a Sports bike, the Super Sports are the full faired bikes with the more aggressive seating positions. Furthermore our bike is renowned for being an amazing all rounder. It can do everything.

Funny cause most people here paid for theirs as well. Unless your offering reimbursement for people to return to the standard look I can't see the relevance.

Honestly have never understood this comparison between the FZ6 and R6, its sportier and full faired, ours is an all rounder capable of pretty similar things except on the race track or at the real extremes.
Also as stated above the FZ6 comes naked in alot of countries.

Yea like that Ducati Street Fighter. The FZ6 on the other hand can be pretty much anything, thats why its such an amazing bike.

Pretty sure you did say that actually.

Thanks for your opinion but please don't be upset when those who don't agree go their own way, I'm pretty sure when people say "each to their own" its not "each to their own as long as you stay within the limitations I've decided to set"

You should have found the rider and told him, I'm sure it would have gone down really well. I would even have sent you a card in hospital.

The red text is the part about the bike looking nice as is. Pretty miniscule part of the post. I've never been one to try and extract the pleasantry out of things when its not there, and I don't really like encouraging people to be so judgemental of other peoples choices.
I respect this guys feeling that the stock bike looks best, but I really can't accept the fact he seems to think everyone should agree. My bikes pretty much stock, and I love it, but some people on this forum have gone to the extremes and done astonishing and breathtaking work on their bikes, investing time, money and often blood into their pride and joy and as far as I'm concerned they deserve all the praise they can get.

If he had started a thread about how awesome the bike looks stock standard I would have been in there agreeing whole heartedly and giving him a pat on the back.

WTF

These are some detailed/deep analysis i've not seen in years anywhere.

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
These are some detailed/deep analysis i've not seen in years anywhere

:smoking: And how did that make you feel?

Man you guys really ripped the op pretty bad. Opinions are like a-holes.. everyone has one and they all stink and when somone passes gas just ignore it.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
:smoking: And how did that make you feel?

Man you guys really ripped the op pretty bad. Opinions are like a-holes.. everyone has one and they all stink and when somone passes gas just ignore it.

Mine smells like roses I swear :Flip: :ban:
I'm still waiting for the op to come and be like "I was joking ofc, got you guys so bad!"

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want to start a war here ,but for the record ,in Australia you could buy the 650 Katana as a naked :thumbup:

suzuki03072901.jpg

Too late, Mick. Apparently I've cast myself onto a "side", pick one and zip up your nomex suit... :popcorn:

Let's see if I can get this going: My bike is nearly bone stock and I use shellobile full-quasi-synthetic OIL. And my bike is red and looks better than yours!

I guess I should've left this thread alone. Live and learn.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I should've left this thread alone. Live and learn.

When I saw the first post I just subscribed and didn't bother to comment on the OP's statements. I just wanted to sit back and watch the fun. FWIIW, The membership here has been pretty easy on him. :)

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
this thread is about nothing and has taken an ugly turn, should be scrapped
before it gets out of hand IMHO...while I haven't been here long, from what
I've seen this is not typical behaviour :(

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the OP was just tossing a bomb to see what came back. I've always admired what many of you can do mechanically. The only thing I've modified is my shoelaces. Then I had to take them to the cobbler to fix what I did.

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
The benefits of this website are considerable. We are indeed a diverse bunch or riders and owners of a machine that is standing the test of time.
1. We all appreciate the qualities of the FZ6 everytime we get in the saddle.
2. Everytime I park in public or fill up with gas people admire my bike and I like that!
3. Whenever a bike is made model after model fairly similar, accessory and aftermarket companies start making things for it. I like that. It adds to the bike and quite oftenj the manufacturer starts adding these features as standard in the long run as well.

Hats off to the people that run, moderate and contribute in a usefull fashion to this forum. You make my ride more enjoyable.
Thanks

Rumpole of ye olde Bailey
:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.