A year in review

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 07 FZ6 last May with 5906 miles on it while I was working in Huntsville Alabama, I put a few hundred miles on it before I moved back to New Mexico. As of 5/17/11 I have 18,334 miles and have enjoyed putting every mile on it since. This is my second bike in the last 9 years, upgrading from my 72 CB750, the Yamaha is far superior. :D

Im sure I don't have to sell this bike to anyone on here but I have had zero problems in the last year, I keep up with my oil changes and lube what needs to be lubed when it should be. Pros: Light weight, great breaks, comfortable riding posture(I am 5'7") and very easy to maneuver Cons: (In my opinion) Front fork is a little soft, still need to try a heavier oil or some new springs. Stock seat was very uncomfortable, I had it shaved to remove the edges and to allow my butt to actually sit in the seat and the single head light. I am currently waiting for my mod from bd43, can't wait!!!

Some of the mods I have done.
-Givi side cases and top rack. Still need to pick up the V46 top case.
-Admore LED lights for the side cases. Has driving, brake and turn signal functions.
-Givi wind screen. Just installed it today, much less wind on the body but more wind noise on the helmet. I am wondering if a spoiler would help.....
-Additional fuel containers on the bottom side of the Givi's. An emergency half gallon just in case.
-12v adapter for my Ipod. Can't survive a straight stretch of interstate with out the Ipod!

Future Mods.
-Givi V46 top case.
-Denali D2 LED riding lights.
-Oxford Heated grips.
-Crash bars.

Planing a trip down thru Baja Cali and look forward to having the FZ6 as my bike. I thank all of the members that have been so generous with the information on this forum!!!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another satisfied FZ6 owner. They sure are a sweet motorcycle. Love mine.
:welcome: Some pretty great people and FZ6's here on the forum. Enjoy and ride safe. :thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear it!

I've had mine close to 5 years...love every minute of it...even doing maintenance on it is fun! :rockon:

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice write up... thanks... I am looking to install aux lights too, maybe the Denali D2 LEDs or these ADV Monster Home Page

Any idea on how you will mount them? That's something I have yet to figure out...

Richard

Hey Richard! Those lights look nice, I will have to look into them. You can get mounts for the Denali's that mount to the forks near the calipers. I am a machinist so I can always whip up some type of bracket, but I would still prob mount them on the fork.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice write up, very nice bike, great mods...thanks for sharing.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Richard! Those lights look nice, I will have to look into them. You can get mounts for the Denali's that mount to the forks near the calipers. I am a machinist so I can always whip up some type of bracket, but I would still prob mount them on the fork.

Nice, I have to fabricate something myself... Not having your machinist skills I am left with whipping up something I can buy from Canadian Tire (it's our version of a huge generic automotive store)...

Thanks
Richard

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I have to fabricate something myself... Not having your machinist skills I am left with whipping up something I can buy from Canadian Tire (it's our version of a huge generic automotive store)...

Thanks
Richard

They have a fork mount clamp for the LED lights that you had mentioned. I am sure they would work just fine.