A video to make everyone feel better about their skills

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know those motorcycle cop competition videos which make us all feel a bit inadequate about our riding abilities. Well.. here's one to make everyone feel better.. pushing too hard for conditions! :thumbup: :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxMnFoGBSAk]TOP GUN OF MOTORCYCLE POLICE 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, it's probably taught, but I don't remember any instructor telling me to put the kickstand down and lifting the bike like they did in the video.
Great trick, but I hope I never have to use it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, it's probably taught, but I don't remember any instructor telling me to put the kickstand down and lifting the bike like they did in the video.
Great trick, but I hope I never have to use it.

It's not an official part of MSF BRC, but I've shown students how to pick up a bike many times (usually after they drop it :( ) and if it's lying on the throttle side, I always tell them to swing the sidestand out first :thumbup:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Those crashes at 2:00 with the rear tire busting loose in the rear is my biggest fear. That's how I crashed my Fz6, I didn't get the full 360 of the bike spinning on its peg, but that feeling of the back end going out from underneath you. ugh, gives me chills.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those crashes at 2:00 with the rear tire busting loose in the rear is my biggest fear. That's how I crashed my Fz6, I didn't get the full 360 of the bike spinning on its peg, but that feeling of the back end going out from underneath you. ugh, gives me chills.

Better than high-siding though. You can see these guys are getting on the throttle way too hard for the conditions while the bikes are still leaned over. Really should never happen to you again if you continue to scan road conditions well ahead and keep your right wrist in check.

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool vid. Those crash guards make the drops look so easy. Seeing this makes me wish I could practice in those riding conditions to learn to handle extreme situations.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really cool vid, these always are. Thanks for sharing.

I want crash bars like those. Wish I had to the skills to turn the bike like that in the dry. :thumbup: