A strange noise

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't see any marks in the cam's, maybe a closer pic?

IMPORTANT;
BTW, when setting the marks/CAM'S, *****MAKE SURE THE FRONT RUN OF THE CAM CHAIN IS TAUGHT*** Any looseness in the chain should be at the rear, where the CCT is.. This is critical...

And you should be able to remove just ONE cam, move the chain, etc.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to be more specific about scrapping... Which cam, which lobe or which journal. Can't tell anything from that pic.

This thread is of value: Valve Clearance ADJUSTMENT

T on sprocket and line on engine case split:
20140706_102248__edit_1404739709457.jpg
[/URL]

Cam sprockets marking notch which lines up with top of valve cover rail. This notch is on both sprockets and they both point out (away from each other):
20140706_100400.jpg
[/URL]

As you can see in the above picture the exhaust cam sprocket has the 'E' highlighted. You guessed it, the 'I' is highlighted on the intake cam sprocket. Makes putting them in the proper spot easy. I didn't notice any markings on the actual cam shaft, though, so make sure you place those in a manor which you won't get mixed up (or only remove 1 cam shaft at a time).

Right side of engine:
20140706_102242.jpg

In short: all three must aline at once. The Cams only align every 720 degrees of crank rotation. When the two cams oppose each other and align with the head while the crank is pointed at the seam, you are good to go!