A short vid from my ride today

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. I admit to be a newbie rider. I was taught by MSF to push left to go left, push right to go right. I am intrigue by the shifting body principle. Why is it safer? I see bike racers do it a lot but never understood why. I just thought they are trying to be cool by touching their knees.

Watch [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0965045072/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0965045064&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0HBJ6X4CS1V1823YSMTW"]Twist of the Wrist II - DVD[/ame]. Reading all those riding books would be very beneficial too but I honestly think this DVD is a great and very efficient tool to get a good grasp of the basics in no time.

In a nutshell, this just takes what they taught you in MSF a step further. Yes, you push left to go left and you push right to go right but if you keep your ass planted on the seat you're using more lean angle than you would if you moved your body around.

Many people would say hanging off is a track technique but personally I think you're never too safe on the street. I like to use as little lean angle as possible so if I overcook a turn I can lean the bike even further, give it more gas, tighten my line and not worry about losing the rear and crashing into oblivion.

Just my $.02

P.S.

You're right tho - it feels pretty darn cool too :BLAA: