A Salute to London Bikers

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Ladies and Gentleman of the London riding fraternity (and sorority), I salute you!

Being a country bumpkin I'm pretty adept at A-roads, fairly nifty on B-roads and my current chosen speciality seems to be the nighttime country lane in autumn. Having ventured to the big city these last 24 hours has taught me huge respect for what you lot put up with, and get up to, in the capital. Great fun to test my skills at filtering, but even more fun to follow one of you through a massive jam. While I'm looking 2 or 3 cars ahead, I followed a (presumed) guy who must have been looking about 10 ahead judging by the ease that he found gaps where I couldn't see them. Serious bike control too.

Then there are the delights of white van man on the phone, construction lorries in astounding numbers, erratic (and very fast) cyclists, and a special mention must go out to suicidal pedestrians (I really hope that facebook update was worth it for the bloke who almost lost his toes, and certainly soiled his pants).

And on top of that, every biker*, of all persuasions, that I met at the lights had a friendly nod and a smile to spare - amazing!

So, I salute you, and do not regret heading back to Wales for some normal riding (tractors and sheep are so much easier to dodge)

*An extra special mention must be made of the 2-up scooterist who, with a great sense of irony, revved his scooter at some pedestrians crossing slowly :) Three of us abreast wet ourselves laughing

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I've cycled through London. It was a learning experience, if anything. Anyone that survives that mess on two wheels, on a regular basis gets my respect. Absolute nightmare.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk