A question for the guys who commute

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the V46 and the V35 and I love them! I carry the essentials: extra visor, gloves, rain gear, tire plug kit and small compressor and visor wipes. Ya never know. Th e top case holds my helmet and overpants when I get to work and there is plenty of room for my gym gear.

Its still not a Goldwing and it is nice to have options. :thumbup:

Xdsxc

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a timbuk2 messenger bag with a stabilizing strap which goes across your chest to stop the bag from swinging around. I love it, especially since the weight can be rested on the seat and its a lower center of gravity vs backpacks.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
V46 top and V35 sides. What do I carry? EVERYTHING :rof:

Large laptop bag (top case). Full change of clothes including shoes (one side). Fairly large cooler (other side). Loads of free space if I ever need to bring anything else.
Same here, except minus the laptop...it cant leave the charger plug:(
I usually have the V46 topcase on all the time.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I use a top box, it's pretty convenient, though I guess it doesn't make the bike look quite as good. Inside I usually keep my rucksack, a spare pair of gloves or two, disc lock and sometimes spare visor. Rucksack usually has my gym stuff in it, lunch, and some other random crap.

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
I realized a long time ago that the bag I carried back and forth to work was pretty much unnecessary. What do I need that I don't already have at work? Pretty much just a phone. Sometimes gym clothes.

I have a V46 topcase (hate it!), and some cortec soft side bags. Mostly they just hold rain gear.

I wear overpants so that I can wear khakis and not worry about them getting dirty/wet, or risking my safety. I'll be honest - I often wear just jeans when riding even though I know how ineffective they are compared to riding pants.

I usually just wear my motorcycle boots all day, but I've sometimes left other shoes at work. I either leave the jacket+pants+helmet right on the bike, or bring them into the office.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to see how every one uses their box's. At the moment i have the boxs and wear a backpack but i am gonna start using my magnetic tank bag other then my back pack.

in one e21 i carry full waterproof overkit, takes up 2/3 the box. the other i have random things, spare gloves, cargo net, bungee cords, torch, tools. light but things i class essential, i tent to have to carry things alot with it being my only form of transport.

my top box is only used for my tinted visor when not on helmet and my helmet when i stop or at work, and then shopping if needed.

i was curious to see how you fellow commuters carried ya goods to and from every day

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a soft tail bag that I keep my keys, wallet, lunchbox etc in. I use a backpack to keep my gym clothes in if I go before work. I'm one of those people that don't really like side bags though. :)

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep my toggs and a ziplock baggie (for phone/ipod) in a jansport back pack that has seen 4yrs of high school duty :rockon:. There's room in the back pack if I start shedding layers. I use a bungee net to secure it to the passenger seat instead of wearing it. In a locker at work I have my "work shoes" and a spare outfit just incase I get wet before I can get my rain gear on.

BTW my work commute is 37miles of country/mountain roads :D
unless I'm in the penalty box and its 32miles of I81 :(