A question about levers

Daryldaddy

Elite Member
Reaction score
central BC / Canada...on beautifull Quesnel lake
Visit site
Are clutch / brake levers on a FZ6 compatible with any other yamaha... some one told me FZ1 levers are the same ???....theres so many cheaper $ levers on the market for all but our 6.s...Hmmm..... and wheres a good source ? thanks in advance....Daryl :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
There are no other bikes that have both the clutch and brake levers swap over. There are some examples I found when looking around I can't remember, eg you can get the clutch lever from one bike of a certain year and the brake lever from another bike of another year. Annoying. Those cheap chinese ones are really good value for money though and good quality.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
There are no other bikes that have both the clutch and brake levers swap over. There are some examples I found when looking around I can't remember, eg you can get the clutch lever from one bike of a certain year and the brake lever from another bike of another year. Annoying. Those cheap chinese ones are really good value for money though and good quality.

Pazzo Racing - Performance Sportbike Custom Levers

Actually, no. There are a couple bikes that swap both directly. As is listed in the chart on pazzo's site, the FZ6, Gen 2 FZ1, FZ6R and new XJ6 Diversion all use F-16 and Y-688.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Pazzo Racing - Performance Sportbike Custom Levers

Actually, no. There are a couple bikes that swap both directly. As is listed in the chart on pazzo's site, the FZ6, Gen 2 FZ1, FZ6R and new XJ6 Diversion all use F-16 and Y-688.
Lol. Well I didn't count them as they are basically the same bike in some areas as ours! :ban: I meant levers from more popular bikes like the FJR or R6 that there is a larger variety of after-market parts for.

Did I say the FZ6 was un-popular??? I meant rarer! :spank: