A perfect day of modding!

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, today was supposta be a horrible rainy cloudy, windy, stormy day, instead i looked out my window about 10am to notice a nice pretty sun saying... "come mod with me"

DSC04809.jpg

well, i cant argue with that. Grabbed the tools, bike keys and a buddy and started off, 11am... let it begin, installed the TB Juice box faster than you read this post so far. i was blown away at how easy it was... if you know how to lift the tank, you can do this mod. (that and have an extra $225 laying around).
DSC04812.jpg

Then it was off to the air box. i had previously opened up a little to allow more airflow, this time i was like F it, im opening it up all the way. well, i think i was a little tooooo gung-ho because my dremmel slipped a good bit and i took a nice chunk out in the wrong place! :eek:guess ill have to find a new one and buy it to try again... oh well

DSC04814.jpg

it looks pretty choppy but after cleaning it up with some scotch brite it came out pretty good (minus the dremmel wound) god that hurts, but, everybike has a tale i guess.

DSC04813.jpg

then that was done and it was off to the duel headlight mod.. this, ill have to say was a sh!t load easier than i thought it would be. it took alot of work to do... but not so much for the mod. As in the mod itself was a piece of cake, its taking out the airbox, taking off the front fairing, taking out the battery.. blah blah blah. that was the pain... pretty easy though....

DSC04817.jpg

DSC04810.jpg

DSC04811.jpg

so, she is done... started at 11, finished up all 3 mods around 330.. not too bad, just in time for the rain, sky was getting dark as we were cleaning up, and as i was putting my tools inside it down poured... i mean buckets... 3 min earlier the bikes internals would have been soaked... so i lucked out big time there.

DSC04818.jpg

the results!

i have no clue, it rained the rest of the night and i have not gotten to do sh!t yet... gay. i did crank it on, headlights work perfect, air box sounds amazing, and from what i can tell the juice box does its job...

Things i have learned:
1: If you lean your tank back toooo far there is a little tab that gets bent (right where the seat clips in) if that gets bent, your seat will be a pain to get in, and you will waist about 30 min trying to figure out why.

2: Dont get carried away with the dremmel, it can be your friend one minute and bite you the next. (punching a whole with the ... "routing" bit of it works best, then just work it around the area)

3: bribe friends to help you.

4: listen to weather reports, just because the sky is nice, doesnt mean it will be in 8 minutes

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looking good! and i am hoping for some sun tomorrow for chores, i wish i had time to mod, but rain all day today makes my chores happen tomorrow :(

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Great job! Modding is so satisfying... May I ask where you got the dual headlight pin? Now I feel the need to mod again, also... Here we go again! :cheer:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PS "cheapcycleparts.com" has some good prices of OEM stuff.. just ordered a new air box cover for $7!

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great job! Modding is so satisfying... May I ask where you got the dual headlight pin? Now I feel the need to mod again, also... Here we go again! :cheer:

for sure, its a Ford Mini Male PN: 85347 (18gauge) i got it from Pepboys, right by the headlight bulbs and fuses. The flag connector i got at radio shack both had to be modded slightly. The flag connecter i think was supposta be a .320 and i got .25 so i just had to spread the pins with a screwdriver, (no biggy) and the harness pin was made for some Ford sometin'or'other so that just had to be crushed a little to fit in the slot, then soldered it real good and she was golden!
(out of the box)
DSC04806.jpg
[/IMG]