A Job Ain't Nothing But Work...

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK job thread... what do you do and do you enjoy.. keep in mind that "parenting" is not a job. I agree its absolutely mind-numbingly the hardest thing you will ever do, but not a job.. get over it.. and no I don't have kids) :thumbup:

I have 2 full time jobs.. I work days as an inside sales manager for a fitting, piping, gauges, valve company that services the gas, oil, power, manufacturing and laboratory industries... after being out of work for a year and then doing outside sales for chemicals for 6 months, I absolutely love my job!!! pay is not bad, but the perks of a small business!! and no traveling around trying to sell stuff.. so great!!

At night. I moonlight as the ceo of a record label / web-design / marketing company.. I'm mainly doing web wed design, but building my plan for marketing / promotional things.. its a long story about why its a record label, but its my company and yea... but i recently got my business licenses and am now trying to slowly build a small company.. I spend a lot of time after work and weekends, but again, no kids.. I have wanted to do this for the last 10 years and I love that its finally happening!!! and little extra cash here and there isnt bad!!

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
does a my summer/home for breaks job count? i work as a roofer/architectural metalworker (mostly copper and aluminum) over the summers and have been with the same company for over 6 years. I enjoy being able to work at different locations and the lack of an office is great. yes its tiresome and i have to get up early, oh and its frakkin hot on a roof when its already 100+ degrees out. (more ≠ ATGATT)

Also, recently i have gotten to work directly with architects ,engineers and contractors directly, and as a result have gotten to use a lot of the knowledge gained from my engineering courses:rockon: hopefully that will be a resume booster.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work for OSHA and TRAVIS ROLLINS WHERE THE HELL ARE YOUR SAFETY GOGGLES?!?!? :spank: :spank: :spank:

45942d1355266444t-job-aint-nothing-but-work-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355266435.255564.jpg

:BLAA:

SmokeEater37

Reaction score
Visit site
Currently working as an EMT, with a history in wildfire and structural firefighting. Will be starting BSN school in another year or so.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Full-time job is a network administrator for a bank. Also a volunteer fire fighter for the local fire department. Love both of them! I'm finally happy with where I am employment-wise.

Two full time jobs? You crazy!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jessica Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Math Prof.

I do enjoy it as well as the flexible schedule.
But sometimes ...Ugh.

Well at least I get to ride my bike to and fro work year round.

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Naturopathic Physician. Right now I'm doing medical marijuana certifications (I don't personally use or think it's ok for recreational use BTW). Before I was in an ecclectice practice doing family practice and alternative pain management. I've also worked in men's health and hormone replacement therapy.

I can't give any specific advice if anyone feels like asking but I can help direct you towards the right help.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe my technical title is "Applications Developer with Web Focus."
Though, if I recall in the last organizational chart sent out, that was changed to "Programmer"... I like the first one better. :)

Anyway, I write code. I love it! Writing code and motorcycles are two of my favorite things. I've heard it takes a special person to enjoy it.. I guess that's me.

I work for a company that makes ridiculously high end closet/pantry/garage/misc-living-spaces organizers. (All wood based)

Here's an example of what we do
453.jpg

It's a great, privately owned, Christian based (which works very well for me) company. And it's in one of the nicest cities around, Holland, MI! :)

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
My corporate directory entry says Senior Data Architect. Basically I design electronic buckets for programmers to put bits into.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let see now what do I do? Inside Sales, Shipping & Receiving, Purchasing, Sales Manager, Contract Administration, Office go to guy! I work for Pape Material Handling in the Allied Products (Conveyor, Pallet Rack, Safety Equipment, Lift Tables ECT.) side. It's kind of nice wearing so many hats I don't get boared at all. :rockon:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if I posted here or a different forum. That was at Road Atlanta for the Petit LaMans race weekend. Went there to help some friend and do pit stop during the race. Other than that I'm a car taker for a private car collector, restore cars & build 6R exhaust on the side... :rockon:

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think my job title is listed officially as (Software) Quality Assurance Analyst, which basically means creating test plans & executing them. The QA guys at work also wear a few other hats; testing automation, configuration management (manage the code repository), release management (promote software to a test or live environment). We're a small team working for a company that sells concert tickets & artist merchandise, and distributes it. Pretty cool place, no real dress code or need to hide my tattoos, and the dog comes to work with me on Fridays. She doesn't do squat, though. :BLAA:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a 21 year exp. Master Auto technician that turned USED CAR SALESMAN! LOL and I freakin Love It! :BLAA: I work for the same company I turned wrenches for..... I got burnt out repairing cars and the weather extremes were realy starting to take a toll on me so I asked my Genral Manager to teach me to sell cars,and he told me to go buy a Tie! LOL so now im almost 2 monthes into it and just as Happy as I could be! ORR Pre-Owned Used Car SuperCenter of Shreveport, Louisiana, Preowned Dealership, pre-owned auto dealer, used vehicles, LA, used car, used truck, SUV, lease and credit :rockon: :rockon:

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm one of a couple managers in the Engineering and Operations department for a large Electric Cooperative. Been working in the manager position for a few months, and it's been interesting. I've gone from 'complaining about the man' to 'being the man' :eek:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm one of a couple managers in the Engineering and Operations department for a large Electric Cooperative. Been working in the manager position for a few months, and it's been interesting. I've gone from 'complaining about the man' to 'being the man' :eek:

do you remember the sprint cellphone commercial about being the man?? hilarious!!! :thumbup: