A flyby video I made of one of my bikes an SV1000

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is one of my bike videos I have on YouTube testing some exhausts on an SV1000 in the form of a flyby. At the very end you see a photo of the final modded stage of my bike.

I was planning to do a similar video this summer but of my FZ6 doing a flyby with the Scorpions.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYeQ7rJUWhc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Suzuki SV1000S Flyby with Fuel Exhausts[/ame]

And here is the same video sped up to what 200mph would look like. A bit silly I know but thought it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiKZM4djcaE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And finally the remix version if you are not bored yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxX97KksmtI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Why there aren't more sport/standard bikes with V-twins I will never understand.

I actually wanted a Gladius, and still kind of do. I know some people think they are "girls bikes" but...well...I don't really give a sh*t. I love that V-twin. I wish the SV1000 would have sold better, then maybe it'd still be around today.

Anyway, very nice.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
That thing pulled like a train right from the lights. 120hp in one continuous stream.
It had a top speed of 160mph, I got to 140 once and s*** my pants.
If no one has ever ridden a sport v-twin, they are worth a go, but a very different riding experience to an inline 4. I did not get on with it solely because it was too uncomfortable due to the sporty riding position. My FZ6 is not nearly as fast but so much more comfortable.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah---hem!
Two Brothers Racing exhaust. Slipper clutch, tunable suspension, steering damper. Bridgestone BT-016's. I got a brand new 07 this year after I totaled my 09 R1
I love this bike! I slipped the clutch just a little by accident and up and away!
I also did the TRE mod.

picture.php

picture.php

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah---hem!
Two Brothers Racing exhaust. Slipper clutch, tunable suspension, steering damper. Bridgestone BT-016's. I got a brand new 07 this year after I totaled my 09 R1
I love this bike! I slipped the clutch just a little by accident and up and away!
I also did the TRE mod.

picture.php

picture.php

Nice, I like it in blue.
I love the popping you get on the overun on this bike, if you take the baffles out of the exhausts.
Of all the bikes ever made this one needs a tail tidy. Where is it????

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I like it in blue.
I love the popping you get on the overun on this bike, if you take the baffles out of the exhausts.
Of all the bikes ever made this one needs a tail tidy. Where is it????

When I bought my R1 I did a tail tidy and as soon as I went out to play with my other hoons in the mountains the bike was sand blasted and pelted front and back. The undertail where the tail light resides was surprisingly pitted. Hot sticky tires on the bike really do a number when you have a lot of fresh debri and also you close to a friend with bikes cooking across the desert.

When I saw the tail design on the SV I really liked it because it offered real world protecting. We have small license plates here and I will be able to shorten the tail fender about an inch while also moving the tag up.
There is a company called Hotbodies here in San Diego that offers a tidy solution for the SV's and it includes LED directionals but it'll just get sandblasted....Suzuki, 2003-09 SV 650/1000, Undertails, Hotbodies Racing

So far I'm really impressed with even the stock suspension on this bike. In the coming months I hope for a Power Commander, Dyno and suspension set up.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my R1 I did a tail tidy and as soon as I went out to play with my other hoons in the mountains the bike was sand blasted and pelted front and back. The undertail where the tail light resides was surprisingly pitted. Hot sticky tires on the bike really do a number when you have a lot of fresh debri and also you close to a friend with bikes cooking across the desert.

When I saw the tail design on the SV I really liked it because it offered real world protecting. We have small license plates here and I will be able to shorten the tail fender about an inch while also moving the tag up.
There is a company called Hotbodies here in San Diego that offers a tidy solution for the SV's and it includes LED directionals but it'll just get sandblasted....Suzuki, 2003-09 SV 650/1000, Undertails, Hotbodies Racing

So far I'm really impressed with even the stock suspension on this bike. In the coming months I hope for a Power Commander, Dyno and suspension set up.

Fair enough. It looks like you have the the newer redesigned smaller fender anyways. I had the 2004 sized one which was so big people nicknamed it the snow shovel.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Fair enough. It looks like you have the the newer redesigned smaller fender anyways. I had the 2004 sized one which was so big people nicknamed it the snow shovel.

Hahaha! Well I see where that snow shovel name came from looking at the back of my bike! It's probably the same fender and I'll assume you're from across the pond judging the name of your location and that would give you one of those large plates?

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha! Well I see where that snow shovel name came from looking at the back of my bike! It's probably the same fender and I'll assume you're from across the pond judging the name of your location and that would give you one of those large plates?

Yes and we do have large plates. Here is the size of the snow shovel before they reduced it.
View attachment 33611