a few new mods

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
i finished installing new Pro-Tek Pro-lite footpegs. the install was simple. The overall fit and finish is very good, I wouldn't say excellent but the negatives are not that bad. Their is a very slight gap allowing front to back play but when riding I didn't notice it. Also the pegs had a very small difference in the angle they sat at. again this was not noticeable at all when riding but if someone is looking for 100% perfect fit when looking at all details i thougth i would spot that out.

the next mod was Proton flush mounts. You have to make your own backplate for the washer and nut to tighten against but besides that the install was simple if you know the basics of wiring.

The protons look awesome and I am very satisfied with them. the footpegs dont really offer any advantage other than ground clearance. the grip provided felt the same as the stock pegs for the most part. They are the same length but slightly thinner then the stock pegs. I got them mainly for their looks as I wanted black pegs.

If you have the right tools both mods took less than a hour togethor.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Liking the footpegs...they look sharp...and i dont mean as in they will cut you!

:thumbup:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
The pegs look very nice. But do you do any touring/long distance riding? If so, you may want to take the stock pegs along in your bag - just in case. Those racing style pegs with the round shape get quite uncomfortable over a long period of time as your foot only has it's weight on a small width at the top of the peg. Just my 2 pence! :thumbup:

I had that style on my last bike for a few months and they really hurt when I toured using them, switch back to the stock after that and my after-market pegs on the FZ6 have a much larger surface area for your foot to go onto.|