A bunch of pics from Norway

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course, they are from my buddy and mine's last weekend trip around some of the most beautiful parts of Norway. The trip took us three days, with a total of 1400 km's.

1200 meters above sea level and only 15 degrees c:
sam0592q.jpg

Twisties in the highlands:thumbup:
sam0595t.jpg

Note the glacier in the background:
sam0599.jpg

sam0601.jpg

Looking down allmost 1000 meters. Geiranger fjord further down, which is listed as a world's heritage. But who cares, check out those twisties!:
sam0603.jpg

My friend doing off-road...
sam0605.jpg

My bike in touring mode:
sam0609.jpg

On one of many ferries:
sam0611.jpg

Me overturning cagers on a bridge on the "Atlantic highway":
sam0620.jpg

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful pictures, my great Grand Mother on my father's side was born in Oslo, Norway and immigrated to the US when she was 13-14.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful pictures, my great Grand Mother on my father's side was born in Oslo, Norway and immigrated to the US when she was 13-14.

So am I. Born in Oslo, that is;)

Your great grand mother... Don't know your age, but my guess is that she emigrated around 1910? If so, that was roughly 50 yeats later than the so called "great emigration". A whole lot of Norwegians, especially from the western parts of Norway and the midland valleys decided to go to America. A majority of them went to North and South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin. I guess they liked the cold... A fun fact is that there are more "Norwegians" in the US and Canada now than there are here back in Norway.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice sceneries and great riding.
Thanks for the sharing.

And, found that Norway Bike-Plate looks very simple design!!!
Is it for the cops who can easily read it? (just thought)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely stunning photos. Thanks for sharing. If you have any more pictures, please post.

I've been to Norway, but just Oslo for a couple of days. Beautiful city, but expensive! Looks I missed a lot!

You really have to head north to see those glaciers huh? Maybe next time.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
absolutely stunning sceneries you get to see when you guys tour. dont think i will ever have the chance to see something like this.

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 51, and my Grandmother was born in 1910 so you are very close to estimating 1910. Plus my Grandmother was born in Fargo, ND and then her family moved to upstate NY and started a dairy farm. My Great grandfather emigrated from Sweden and met my Great grandmother (Norway) in the US. I don't know exact dates as when we were kids we never asked any questions about relatives, now all the folks who knew about the older family are gone. My Great Grandmother's last name was Olson and my Great Grandfather's last name was Nelson.

thanks,

Jim

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing these great pictures with us. Now I have the traveling bug!
Awesome! :rockon:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely stunning photos. Thanks for sharing. If you have any more pictures, please post.

I've been to Norway, but just Oslo for a couple of days. Beautiful city, but expensive! Looks I missed a lot!

You really have to head north to see those glaciers huh? Maybe next time.

Dude... Oslo is beautiful??? Damn... Oslo is probably THE filthiest city I've ever been too, maybe except for a few I've seen in Africa. You got to get here again and take a look around;)

A few more pics for ya:thumbup: CHEERS!

Winter, my street, 20 km's outside Oslo:

31122009197.jpg

More winter, my dads farm:

26122009193.jpg

26122009191.jpg

Some other place actually not too far from where we traveled last weekend, taken last fall:

14092009071.jpg

14092009072.jpg

14092009073.jpg

23072010272.jpg

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 51, and my Grandmother was born in 1910 so you are very close to estimating 1910. Plus my Grandmother was born in Fargo, ND and then her family moved to upstate NY and started a dairy farm. My Great grandfather emigrated from Sweden and met my Great grandmother (Norway) in the US. I don't know exact dates as when we were kids we never asked any questions about relatives, now all the folks who knew about the older family are gone. My Great Grandmother's last name was Olson and my Great Grandfather's last name was Nelson.

thanks,

Jim

Ok, I guess your great grandmother's name was Olsen but maybe changed it to Olson as that is easier for you to pronounce. Same goes for your Swedish great gandfather as his name probably was Nilson. Those names are the most common surnames in both Norway and Sweden, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up in order for you to track down your relatives here.

You don't happen to know what part of Oslo your g.grandmother came from? As I said, I grew up in the city and know it and it's history quite well.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well if I ever get back that way, I know who to get a hold of to show me around, or at least tell me where to go.

mponder

Reaction score
Visit site
I spent three weeks in Norway around marc 1991, i was told the riding season was so short no one had motorcycles. How long do you get to ride in those great twisties?

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I spent three weeks in Norway around marc 1991, i was told the riding season was so short no one had motorcycles. How long do you get to ride in those great twisties?

The last two seasons, they've lasted from March to the beginning of November. Not that short, right? Rembember that our climate here is much the same as what it is in the northern US. Actually, the mean temp in southern Norway during the year is higher than what it is in e.g Vancouver, Canada despite that Vancouver is located on the same longtitude as Paris.

In 1991 there wasn't that many motorcycles here. I think the number of riders have at least doubled since then.