A biker dies near me, drunk cager

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FUBAR!
Deputies: Victim dies after DUII hit-and-run crash | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

I didn't know him but heard about it as its a main road into many homes in the area.

On a different note: please do all you can to reason with people where are TEXTING and DRIVING! i.e. family, friends, neighbors, co-workers. I swear to god its at least 1 in 20 motorist are texting. This state even has laws against it, but allows hand free cell use.

I'm GLAD THEY caught the A@@Hole up above. . .

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's so effed up.. makes me very mad and upset at the same time. Senseless and tragic.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a senseless waste. :(
I go out of my way when I see people texting in their cars to make eye contact and wave a finger of shame at them whenever possible.

This has been a bad riding season up here in the SF Bay area with a riders dying almost weekly due to idiot drivers or poor rider skills.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So this Leymaster takes his plates off and leaves the scene telling the police he hit deer its no big deal. What part of that doesn't add up when your truck is 60 yards in forest? At the scene there is a slight bend in the road are trees mowed down into the forest from his failure to maintain his lane and speed. The guy on the bike was gone with no suffering. The driver has prior DUII's. . . I hope he rots in prison!!

To the family and friends of of Mr Riggs, I am truly sorry for your loss.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
On a different note: please do all you can to reason with people where are TEXTING and DRIVING! i.e. family, friends, neighbors, co-workers. I swear to god its at least 1 in 20 motorist are texting. This state even has laws against it, but allows hand free cell use.

My gf does this quite a bit when driving, with kids in the back! I chew her a new one and rip the phone from her hands every time. :spank:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
So sad, and like lonesoldier84 says the comments are intense.

Today one the ride home from work the car in front of me clipped the SUV in front of them! She was not quick enough moving over into the turn lane. Not a bad crash but was surprised how much it affected me. Can't imagine what those folks are going thru, the friend riding beside him and the wife who brought the driver of the PU back to the accident.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's all just a wake call to pay the hell attention all the time realizing that at any moment for no reason what so ever you could be gone! But this texting thing FUBAR!!! Most everyone I see has touch screen phones so attention to the road is nil. . . It's going to be a big loss of our rights when the Gov is forced to take action. . .

Be Safe. . .

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it is a very sobering thought when someone in your area passes away like that and you have to pass the spot on a regular basis.
Just this week someone from my workplace died on his bike.
We have scant details but I think he lost it on a curve at night and there has been no news coverage, so dont know if there was another vehicle involved. All I do know is he was a casual employee and I dont think we had ever met (we have a staff of about 375). Nevertheless it is close to home.

Be careful out there people