93 Yamaha Seca II (600cc) for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good luck with the sale, i am thinking of a project bike soon and i have always been a fan of the seca's .

Great bikes!

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Nice looking bike. I almost bought a '98 model prior to purchasing the FZ6. It's possible that I still might get it just to have a nice little project bike. From what I understand, they're solid motorcycles, and they ride fairly well.

X

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually looking to get one for my wife. I'm not ready to buy one yet but would like to know a little bit about it since you obviously own one. How does the height compare to an fz6? I know you have an FZ1 but I'm guessing you've been on an FZ6... maybe? I'm looking for something a little smaller/lower seat height than an FZ6 cuz she's short. I've never been on one, I've just heard great things about them. Also, I want something with upright seating for her... sort of like the FZ6. The bars do look raised up from the pics I've seen. Is it pretty comfortable upright seating?

Thanks for your input! :thumbup:

-Taso

Steve F

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I wish I could keep it too as a project bike just to learn the art of motorcycle mechanics. I've never even done my own oil change (said embarrasingly). But with 2 little kids and a wife who tends to be a clutter-bug my garage space is limited. Unfortunately it has to go.

tasop7, I'm trying to remember if it's lower than a FZ6. I sat on one at a dealer when I was shopping for a new bike. I think it is, at least a little. It really is a great starter bike with comfortable upright seating. I've never driven a FZ6 but I was told by someone who owned both that they're similar in normal around town type driving. But of course the FZ6 has the power in the higher revs that the Seca doesn't.

It's going to be a heart wrenching moment when I sell it. I learned to ride on this thing 15 years ago and have lots of great memories with it.

Steve F

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike sold to a young guy local to me. He doesn't have his license yet and is taking the MSF course next week.
Another Yamaha addict has been born!

Status
Not open for further replies.