70 and Sunny in Austin!

come on Top! you could be on a plane to some bumfu** slice of crap part of the world in a few hours and you are scared of a little wind? I think you need to adjust your priorities! j/k

"Now don't fall down that would break my fuc**ng heart!" - R. Lee Ermey
(o.t.- did you know he was a stage hand for Full Metal Jacket and he yelled at the actor (showing him how a real drill would be) slated to play the Drill Segeant and the director fired the actor and hired Ermey on the spot?)

come on Top! you could be on a plane to some bumfu** slice of crap part of the world in a few hours and you are scared of a little wind? I think you need to adjust your priorities! j/k

"Now don't fall down that would break my fuc**ng heart!" - R. Lee Ermey
(o.t.- did you know he was a stage hand for Full Metal Jacket and he yelled at the actor (showing him how a real drill would be) slated to play the Drill Segeant and the director fired the actor and hired Ermey on the spot?)

Okay...after sucking camel a$$ for a year, sweating until my skin rotted off, picking mud out of my teeth, walking 200 meters just to piss...I have become a woos and I am proud of it!

I have heard that story. Talk about a lucky break!

I lived there in '87-'88,worked on the 3M project by Lake Travis, used to eat at a hole in the wall called Beans, you couldn't beat the chicken fried steak. Is the Jalisco Bar still there it was off Barton Springs Rd downtown?

Still there brother. It's next to/near a NEW, GIANT Threadgills, not the old T-gills on Lamar.

You would not recognize the 3M area on 2222, it is no longer out in the Cedar area, now huge, nice neighborhoods.

Speaking of Chicken Fried, I was at 290 Cafe in Manor, had Chicken Fried Chicken, loaded mashed, and green beans with bacon and onions! Smothered in country cream grave, of course. I only eat that about once a month, damn is it GOOD!

Speaking of Chicken Fried, I was at 290 Cafe in Manor, had Chicken Fried Chicken, loaded mashed, and green beans with bacon and onions! Smothered in country cream grave, of course. I only eat that about once a month, damn is it GOOD![/QUOTE]

That's one of the things I miss about Texas, the little hole in the wall joints you find on a ride that serves some of the best food, that and the Lone Star hospitality.

Back