6th gear problem

Assistant 04

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
I'm new here, so first of all HELLO EVERYBODY

Then,
With my 2005 fz6, when I want to shift in 6th gear, it sometimes don't want to put into gear (like if there was a neutral position between the 5th and 6th gear) and then suddently it gets into gear ( like half a second after) and freeks the hell out of me every time
Want's to problem
and sorry for the english .... i'm not use to it yet

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the form! You're doing fine with your English!:rockon:
There are 6 gears 1N23456. Sometimes grade of oil or dirty oil will cause problems with gear changing. Make sure you have clean oil. Check and lubricate the shift pedal and associated linkage. Be sure there are no loose linkage parts. The lever must be completely free during each shift. It behaves like a ratchet and if it is not allowed to fully return the mechanisms will hang up in between. Make sure your foot is not hindering the lever from full return. Another thing to consider is that the clutch is fully disengaging. Also sometimes shifting to upper gears too early.

:BLAA:

Last edited:

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
I bet it's your oil ...

What oil did you use? When was the last oil change and how many km you've done?

Maybe you need an oil change?!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also check the shift rod with the double joints. Both joints should be centered so the shaft can rotate freely.

You should be able to grab it with your fingers and rotate it about 45 degrees freely (back and forth). Sometimes people adjust them and leave the ball and cup out of alignment from one end to the other which make them bind.

Hmmm . . . . This is hard to explain. . . but if one is twisted full right and the other twisted full left, the joint will bind and restrict movement.

Center the cup on one end and look at the cup on the other end. It should also be centered.