4000 miles service

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For those who have surpassed the 4000 mile mark on their bikes, are there any particular parts or repairs that were needed besides the obvious oil and filter change? Everything looked and sounded good to me, no sqeaks or slack on the cables either. If you did.....let me no so I can go double check.

Thanks,

VEGASRIDER

S

sportrider

be sure to go over all the fasteners on your bike. I had 1 main engine bolt abanden ship, 2 bolts on the rear fender/ licence plate bracket fall out and 1 fairing bolt. aside from that and adjusting the chain it was just another oil change.:D

W

wrightme43

+1 always check your fasteners.
I have pictures from my friends ninja where all three mounting bolts for the engine had come loose. Losing two bolt and nut combos, and losing one nut. The only thing holding in the engine was the fact the bolt was too long to just fall out.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful when tightening the engine bolts. They have to be torqued to a specific pound. You can find all the specs in a repair manual. There is a list of them you can download in the technical section of the site.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful when tightening the engine bolts. They have to be torqued to a specific pound. You can find all the specs in a repair manual. There is a list of them you can download in the technical section of the site.
Hi guys, Am I to assume that we are talkng about servicing our own machines ? Or is this some quality work carried out by a so called technician?

"I ride the black & silver one, slightly slower than the red one". However, its undoubtedly superior in charisma & style.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For those who have surpassed the 4000 mile mark on their bikes, are there any particular parts or repairs that were needed besides the obvious oil and filter change? Everything looked and sounded good to me, no sqeaks or slack on the cables either. If you did.....let me no so I can go double check.

Thanks,

VEGASRIDER
Im coming up to 4000miles to so would also be very interested in any responses. Perhaps after the 4000mile service I'll be as fast as the infernal RED ONE