4 nights in a row with temps in the 20's

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's pretty crazy for Houston. I've lived off and on in this area for many years and never experienced this before. Hopefully it will lower the mosquito population for this summer. I've lived in Utah and Colorado and I must admit I'm not to crazy about cold weather anymore. I'm not sure why but this weather just seems annoying and I used love the cold. I've lost a lot of weight over the past 6-8 months, maybe I just have less insulation?

Started the FZ yesterday, hadn't been ran since Thanksgiving, it started right up and purred like a kitten. Rode around the block a couple of times it was a chilly 33 deg F. I got a few strange looks.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think age has more to do with cold tolerances than anything else. As you age, the cold hurts joints and other parts of the body more.

Here in NE Wisconsin, 20 F weather would be nice, it has been only in the single digits lately, though we are supposed to start warming up this afternoon. We'll see!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
its been about 5-6 degrees around here as well, cleaning the car windows from all the ice,
then pulling up to the parking lot, wanted to lower my window...frozen lol..
so drive a bit further, open the door, slide my pass through the gate, close the door, look like a fool and park the car..

I WANT 75 degrees or more!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was very cold this weekend. I had my National Guard drill and on Saturday morning we had a huge Battalion formation, 800 of us jokers standing around in 18 degree weather at 5:45 am. :thumbup: And of course there is more than one idiot who didn't bring their gloves...

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you and I had the same idea in the same place. I live in Katy TX and yesterday I started the bike, rode it round the neighborhood, decided I needed overpants and put the back back in the garage.

It'll be 60 by the end of the week :)

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
:Flip: you all in Texas!

Here in Missouri we got into the twenties fahrenheit yesterday for the first time this year after starting the day at around -8F. Friggin great! We are supposed to get above freezing tomorrow. Here's hoping! Maybe all this snow will start melting!

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
we got a break to, it was 40 yesterday and 35 today.. wohooo heat wave.

Yeah, it felt like a heat wave here too. Pittsburgh just had 12 straight days of high temps below freezing.:eek:

I can't wait to do some riding.

fz6pete

Reaction score
Visit site
Fellow Houstonian here, but I have been riding my bike. For all our brothers (and sisters) out there it is indeed a strange phenomena. The recent post that addressed what temperature we quit riding at came to to mind. But just wanted to add - my fz6 still runs like a watch, let her warm up, make sure you have multiple layers on and she is good to go.

To everyone out there in colder climates and other countries, hang in there, riding season is just around the corner - and when we have a hurricane come through our way please remember us on the Gulf Coast.

Ride safe, Pete