4 day work week???

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
My company is considering this for our installation crews. 4 ten hour days saves a lot of gas and the guys get a 3 day weekend, win-win.

J

jsteinb95

My company is considering this for our installation crews. 4 ten hour days saves a lot of gas and the guys get a 3 day weekend, win-win.

That's what my mom did......makes perfect sense!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I believe in it. My husband is trying to get this done for his department. He drives 100 miles per day round trip.. his boss(he was doing her job while she was out) is back from sick time, and she hasn't submitted it yet even though he has gotten some good responses. So we shall see, we would save alot of money in gas, as well as wear and tear on the car.

I won't see it happen because my work involves the stock market and if the market is open we are open. I don't think my boss would go for it even though we could make it work. I only work 4 miles from home though, so my reasons would not be for saving gas, just being home to be sure my husband stays out of trouble hehe

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work 4 days a week, 12 hour days. Everything else over is overtime. I have worked this schedule for 12 years. The best thing is it is 4 days on, 4 days off!

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
When I worked on server support a few years back, I worked out I was able to switch my shifts around and do 4x10 hour days, then get a 3 day weekend... made a lot of sense to me, and worked really well. So much so that everyone caught on and tried the same thing :p

Only issue was that all the team wanted Fridays or Mondays off, so it had to be switched where the '3 days break' rotated, and for 2 weeks in every month you missed your weekend :/

The experiment was soon abandoned.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of Utah's state employees went to a 4-day week just a couple weeks ago. Where I work, we're on a 5/4/9 schedule, 9-hour days and get every other Friday off, I absolutely love it! :thumbup:

J

jsteinb95

You know what's better than working 4 days a week?!?!?!?

Not working at all!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer::D

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I didn't have to work.. I'd be a full time professional student ;)

I love to learn.. I am so bored at my job..

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
we work this. except for right now as we have had a guy out with an injury so we resorted back to 5 8's. its nice that we rotate mondays and fridays every 2 weeks. so once a month you get a 4 day weekend then a 2 day weekend and two 3 day weekends.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thing with four tens is that if half your crew works Monday through Thursday and the other half works Tuesday through Friday, you get 50 hours of coverage all on straight time.

At my current job I was offered the opportunity to work 4 10's or 5 8's. I chose the eights. The thing with the 8's is it's 8 to 5 which gives me plenty of time to go to the gym before work and hang out with my kids after. Three day weekends would be nice but I think my health would suffer and I would see my kids less. Also I really love my job and being away from work for three days every weekend would work on my nerves. I look forward to Monday mornings strange huh?