3m carbon fiber dinoc = AMAZING

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought id show some of the stuff you can use this 3m CF for. It is extremely legit looking and feeling. It has actual fibers weaved into it and really easy to work with!
Sorry if this screws up, it is my first time using tapatalk

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks fantastic on your rearsets, I've toyed with the idea of powdercoating mine like that.

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks exactly like my CF heel plates! Where did you get that stuff?

Thanks everyone! I bought it from Www.carbonfibergear.com . I think it was a bout 30 dollars for a 4 foot by 1 foot sheet. Don't quote me though. U basically stick it down and blow dry it to get down on corners.

The best thing about it is that once you stick it down you can still blow dry it and pull it back up.

eh89

Reaction score
Visit site
I helped my friend use that material to cover his fenders on his Daytona
I used a scrap of it to do my rear sets and have been *very* pleased with the results. I've had it on for almost six months and probably 6,000? kms. Still looks as good as when I installed it (which takes hardly any time at all). my cost.. free :rockon:
I will say if you want to do a large area it is more difficult to handle, doing my friend's front fender was a pain working it around the corners and curves. Overall it is a very forgiving product as you can crumple it into a ball and then add heat and it will flatten out immediately.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good im thinking about doing this to my rear tire hugger i bet i need a lot of that wrap and a lot of time to do it:(

Royaltool88

Reaction score
Visit site
if you could put it on, and then blow dry it back off...wouldn't it come off when the exhaust gets hot? Just curious, because im real interested in doing this myself...looks great btw!! :thumbup:

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
if you could put it on, and then blow dry it back off...wouldn't it come off when the exhaust gets hot? Just curious, because im real interested in doing this myself...looks great btw!! :thumbup:

It doesnt just fall off when you blow dry it. I know it sounds confusing and i cant scientifically explain it but it works haha. The blow drying makes it easy to put on corners and heats the adhesive so if you add heat and pull it comes off easier without tearing. I really recommend it! If you dont like it you can take it off and wipe it down with no residue

Royaltool88

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a 24"x48" sheet off amazon of the di-noc CF. And their having a promotion where you can get it for almost $30 even. Cant wait to wrap everything with it! :thumbup:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/3M-Di-Noc-Carbon-Fiber-Matte/dp/B002DSSOYG/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1345325484&sr=8-10&keywords=3m+di-noc]3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Matte Black Vinyl Decal Film Car Wrap 2ft x 4ft (24in x 48in) : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

mehranir

Reaction score
Visit site
So, you are sure that the 3M CF wrap is NOT going to peel off or come off the muffler cover because of the generated heat! How many times have you ridden your bike since you put it on? I just want to be pretty sure that after going through with all the work, the thing is not going to come off!! Also did you use the recommended primer?

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
So, you are sure that the 3M CF wrap is NOT going to peel off or come off the muffler cover because of the generated heat! How many times have you ridden your bike since you put it on? I just want to be pretty sure that after going through with all the work, the thing is not going to come off!! Also did you use the recommended primer?

Well you can see on the website where people also have no trouble with it on the hoods of cars. Ive done almost 2000 miles since the mod. I know on 3 trips i was riding constantly for 3.5 hours in south georgia during mid July with engine temps hitting 209-212 in traffic and made it through that with no shown faults yet. The exhaust cover is some kinda plastic so it would probably melt or warp before anything happens to this. No i was cheap and didnt prime. Just cleaned really well with soap and water.

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you guys think if I bought the Two Brothers aluminum cans and wrapped them? This weave looks better than their funky pattern, but as others mentioned, I suspect the heat could be a concern?

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have to apply this in layers, or anything special? Or is it literally just cut to size, heat gun until pliable and stick on? Does the CF have an adhesive on it already? And would anyone recommend using anything as a 'primer' or just clean extremely well with some acetolyne or paint thinner and let dry well? Also, someone said they did the fender, is it easy to work it into grooves and areas?

I would LOVE to do this to my bike... I think the muffler (stock for me) would look AMAZING being wrapped. I would love to wrap the entire muffler in CF so it looks all CF'd out. Not sure how difficult it would be but I'd love to do it.

Mud

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you guys think if I bought the Two Brothers aluminum cans and wrapped them? This weave looks better than their funky pattern, but as others mentioned, I suspect the heat could be a concern?

Going directly on the al pipe may not work TBH. I think the main reason it works on stock exhaust is because it's stuck to a plastic COVER not the actual exhaust. Not going to say yes or no, but I'd lean against it. Plus if you can afford to TB then show it off! lol

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have to apply this in layers, or anything special? Or is it literally just cut to size, heat gun until pliable and stick on? Does the CF have an adhesive on it already? And would anyone recommend using anything as a 'primer' or just clean extremely well with some acetolyne or paint thinner and let dry well? Also, someone said they did the fender, is it easy to work it into grooves and areas?

I would LOVE to do this to my bike... I think the muffler (stock for me) would look AMAZING being wrapped. I would love to wrap the entire muffler in CF so it looks all CF'd out. Not sure how difficult it would be but I'd love to do it.

Mud

There is no layers. It's as simple as it sounds! Imagine vinyl with CF on one side and stickiness on the other. I wouldnt use a heat gun, the blow dryer was gracious plenty, heat gun might be too much and make it hard to manage or atleast don't get close with heat gun. I didnt use primer, just cleaned with some spirits. Long sweeping curves are simple, tight corners get tricky. With proper heat and stretching and patience I'm sure a fender wouldnt be that tough. I thought about doing chain gaurd but it's built in with rear fender and didnt have enough to complete the hole thing. I did most of my stock muffler cover as you can see in first post. I'm pleased...doenst sound diff but looks a little better IMO. Also, like i said, if you stick it on and decide you messed up, just add some heat and pull it off and start over! It's truly amazing stuff.
I've contemplated doing rad covers and maybe even stock windscreen. I have a puig DB now but during the summer I like as much windflow as possible and dont like the look of clear stock windscreen.

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you very much for answering my questions!

Oh man... I'm debating ordering this right now, that seems pretty cheap and I could make my bike look AWESOME.

I personally have a taller windscreen in the smoke color, and enjoy being able to lay down at 120-130mph and see through the windscreen to see what's coming. Oh man, now you got me thinking about CF'ing the swing arm in the back because... well honestly the swing arm is probably the ugliest part of the FZ6, all square no shape to it.

Can't wait, if I do it I'll post it here!

Mud

Edit: I caved. I ordered 12x48" from the site you posted. $37.50 shipped. Can't wait!

Last edited:

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
It just arrived today. Have to admit, I'm a little surprised. For some reason I got the impression it was hard, and stiff, and changed when subjected to heat. What I got sent was 12"x48" of carbon fiber look (looks amazing) on 3m adhesive pad. Rolled into a tube. Did I get the wrong stuff or what?

Also, I'm debating how to apply this with correct cuts and such. For the heel guards, should I just remove them, trace them on backside with holes and everything? I'm not 100% and don't want to screw it up. I'd ultimately like to do my muffler too, but that's one to do after I'm a little more confident on my cuts and details.

Let me know of any advice! I don't want it to look lame.