30 mins. and the seat is painful.

LOL ok... was curious, because on another board I did make mention of an issue I was having after riding the bike for a bit :)

hey
Something that was suggested to me is to wear padded cycling shorts under your leathers the type that have padding on the crotch
Hope this helps

Go cheap! Borrow a couple of the "overnighter" pads from the wife! :p :rof:

Seriously, the stock seat isn't great for touring. I have the Yammie Comfort seat and it is good for about double the stock seat time. I can make it to about 90 minutes with this gel seat. I'm thinking of asking for the Top Saddlery for my Xmas/Birthday present (18 days apart). That should cure my problems. I've yet to hear an owner of one of these seats complain at all!

Or mod This puppy onto the bike!

2638467660_e4cf654364.jpg

Last edited:
I got an air pillow from amazon. crazy creek was the brand, cost about $15. Strapped it down to the seat so my butt settles between it and the rear hump. Just a few small puffs of air make a big difference. Not perfect, but a lot better.

hey
Something that was suggested to me is to wear padded cycling shorts under your leathers the type that have padding on the crotch
Hope this helps

I don't think that would work. The padding coverage in cycling bibs is very specific. Bicycle seat contact points are only about 3 inches wide.

All I can say is DO NOT wear a swimming suit under your leathers! I wore a pair of long riders with a mesh liner under my AGV leaters today on a quick 75 mile ride from the in-laws. I was 30 miles into it and my ass was on fire from the mesh digging it. I was so happy to get home a peel those off! Bicycling shorts are great to wear. No fiction and when you sweat they don't chaffe.

I did 400 miles yesterday and had no trouble. Could be that your ergos don't match up. I'd get a gel pad and try that out.If you get relief then you could have your seat redone or get an aftermarket seat. GRUMPY

I seem so slide forward quite a bit, up against the tank, its like a magnet.. lol, pulls me forward. The comfort seat on order & can't wait to give it a try.

Well, I started modding my original seat yesterday... carefully panning and dishing it out a little at a time. I've cut down the "ridges" significantly. I'm using some of the cut foam to build the back up to make a backrest much like the Top Saddlery. More to come.... Pics when I've completed the project!

Another option is this company: Page 1. They've got rave reviews from everyone that's used them (at least as far as I've seen), and their prices to modify your stock seat are really reasonable. The turnaround time is also really fast, so you won't be without your seat for weeks on end.

Thanks much for that info, I have been in contact with Spencer and am going to send him my seat this week. For $75 they do it all, reshape, lower, put in different material etc. Will post up once I get it back :thumbup:

Thanks much for that info, I have been in contact with Spencer and am going to send him my seat this week. For $75 they do it all, reshape, lower, put in different material etc. Will post up once I get it back :thumbup:

Mine was delivered to Spencer today. I'm out of town at the moment, I hope it will be there when I get home. I'll post my opinion of the mod soon after.

Last edited:
Wow, the Spencer solution looks great. Any idea if he make a mini-back rest?

The padding he uses is the same stuff that is in my Knox back protector. I definately want to read a write up on his work, looks great!

Well, I started modding my original seat yesterday... carefully panning and dishing it out a little at a time. I've cut down the "ridges" significantly. I'm using some of the cut foam to build the back up to make a backrest much like the Top Saddlery. More to come.... Pics when I've completed the project!

FZ6inNH,

I would be very interested in how you approach reshaping your seat, I have a spare stock seat in new condition and wanted to try to mod the seat myself. Good luck and please do share your thoughts!:thumbup:

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back