Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Bill, I don't know about that kit, but I use The Retrofit Source parts. High quality and carry a 5 year warranty. Install is involved and requires modification to the headlight housing. See my info here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/45691-affordable-hid-retrofitting-services.html

I can get the kit for you, or do the install. Let me know if you have any questions.

A little off topic but with all the installs you've done have you ever had an issue with the shutters sticking? Mine switch to low fine but when I go to high they open partially then if I smack the lights they open all the way.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A little off topic but with all the installs you've done have you ever had an issue with the shutters sticking? Mine switch to low fine but when I go to high they open partially then if I smack the lights they open all the way.

No, TRS tests all their projectors before they send them out, and when I install them, I always cycle the solenoid a few times to be sure they work smoothly. Not had one fail yet.

bTone

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone used this kit from bk moto? $219 bi xenon projector kit with HIDs, angel eyes (halos) and LEDs. If anyone has used it how hard was the install?

2004 - 2011 Yamaha FZ6 HID BiXenon Projector kit with angel eyes halo MC-MH1

I have that kit on my bike. Work flawless... the install is involved but the brightness and nighttime visibility + looks vs stock is worth it. Just take your time to make it clean and make sure you seal the headlights really good. Good Luck!

bTone

Reaction score
Visit site
Got any pics for us?
I will try to get some up soon. just been busy with school

What was actualy involved in thw install process?

You have to tear down the entire front fairing section to access the headlights. Plus i HATE opening headlights and resealing. The kit is complete but there is also a decent amount of wiring. So alot of wiring tucking and hiding, etc. When i say involved I mean its tedious

borka

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone used this kit from bk moto? $219 bi xenon projector kit with HIDs, angel eyes (halos) and LEDs. If anyone has used it how hard was the install?

2004 - 2011 Yamaha FZ6 HID BiXenon Projector kit with angel eyes halo MC-MH1

This kit uses Mini H1 projectors just like TRS, but comes with Motorcycle specific relay wires, and slim ballasts, unlike TRS that comes with full size ballasts that are harder to hide on a bike, and a bulky car relay harness.

Plus you can add many accessories such as halos, demon eyes, led strips etc...

The install is very straight forward, with a small and simple cut to the top of the reflector (2"x1" rectangle needs to be cut, 5mins with a dremel ) so the shroud doesnt touch the reflector. and from that point on its all bolt on. just bolt on the projectors and secure them with the supplied H4 and H7 adapter plates.

You get everything you need to install.

This is one of the best kits for upgrading the lighting to dual headlights.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This kit uses Mini H1 projectors just like TRS, but comes with Motorcycle specific relay wires, and slim ballasts, unlike TRS that comes with full size ballasts that are harder to hide on a bike, and a bulky car relay harness.

Plus you can add many accessories such as halos, demon eyes, led strips etc...

Good to see there is another option for retrofitting.

TRS will send a custom harness with two outputs if you inform them that it is going on a motorcycle, instead of sending the car harness, or you could cut it down like I do. The ballasts that come with the TRS kits are not that big, and I generally do not have issues finding a place to put them.

TRS also offers many accessories. The LED angel eyes are the best that I have ever seen.

What kind of warranty comes with the BK Moto kit? What are the projectors made of? I am curious as I haven't seen many other types of projectors.

Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of warranty comes with the BK Moto kit? What are the projectors made of? I am curious as I haven't seen many other types of projectors.

It is one year on the warranty. Source: http://bkmoto.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=5

Terms & Conditions

All products sold by BKMOTO LLC carry a 1 year no hassle replacement warranty, against manufacturer defects and mulfunctions.

Please contact us in the event of a warranty issue for replacement parts.

Due to the custom nature of our products and the installation requirements we are unable to accept returns for a refund.

Returns of unopened items in original boxes, in original condition will be accepted within 30 day of purchase, but will be subject to a 15% Restocking fee.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is one year on the warranty.

Thanks. Also looking at their site it looks like they only offer two LED angel eye kits, and all kits, including CCFL are bike specific. CCFL is too delicate for me, I don't even offer them with my service, because they are so fragile to install.

TRS offers a 5 year warranty on their parts, even if you get it through me.

So it sounds like both BK Moto and TRS have their pros and cons.

Last edited: