2013 mileage contests!!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 mileage this year was under 5,000. When you have 2 bikes, work full-time and only a 6.5 mile commute the bikes are going to see minimal figures.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 mileage this year was under 5,000. When you have 2 bikes, work full-time and only a 6.5 mile commute the bikes are going to see minimal figures.

I have two bikes, work full time and my commute is only 5 miles one way in a region that isn't really considered all season weather friendly. I try to take a few weekends off or take one vacation that involves some serious riding on my Fizzer so looks like my FZ will log around 10k this year.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I have two bikes, work full time and my commute is only 5 miles one way in a region that isn't really considered all season weather friendly. I try to take a few weekends off or take one vacation that involves some serious riding on my Fizzer so looks like my FZ will log around 10k this year.

Right there with you on the weather. I haven't ridden since early November. :( It was 70 degrees by rare weather luck on Saturday but when you have a wife and own a house that needs a lot of TLC there is rarely a free weekend to ride the bike. Now that I'm commuting again it's 28 degrees at 7am. No spank you. :spank:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No proof but roughly 5,600 miles of ringin those pipes for PLEASURE ONLY!

The newer cage took the brunt of the abuse getting 18,000 miles in 2013.

GOOD JOB GENTLEMEN!!!

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
Around 7600 miles for me (with a few rides planned before the New Year so it'll be nearer 8000) , it's 3 miles each way to work and I use the car, so all the FZ6 mileage is fun fun fun.... Oh and 2 sets of tyres

Sent from my HTC One on Vodafone 4G using Tapatalk 2

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
y6u6usu8.jpg

I'm getting closer to the 40s now!!!!

Ending 2013 with 38654 miles!!!
These are everyday riding miles and commuting, not really any planned long rides but it is always better on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Here's my last pic of mileage. I had another fillup after this and it was empty when I had the accident on Dec. 20. It should be about 400 miles higher then pictured, but I don't have a pic of the ODO so...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my pic taken on the 1st day of 2014. I'm 200 miles shy of logging 10k miles on my FZ, but I also have another bike so I did log over 10k if you combine the two. Not bad considering where I live, we have had snow on the ground for almost 30 straight days. I will most likely have a new bike with zero miles by sometime in 2014.

Ssky0078, congrats on logging over 20k plus miles for 2013.

20140101_171327_zpsdd14a31f.jpg

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Ssky0078, congrats on logging over 20k plus miles for 2013.

Thanks man. After I got my bike my car sat for 5 months so I got rid of it. Now I commute and tour mostly on the bike. The sad thing is I've found myself less motivated to ride for fun on the weekends.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man. After I got my bike my car sat for 5 months so I got rid of it. Now I commute and tour mostly on the bike. The sad thing is I've found myself less motivated to ride for fun on the weekends.

The reason why is because you now ride for a living, it's a way of life. I still find myself escaping on the weekends, but not so much to get with other riders to go riding every week.

That being, I hope you wear full gear, your risk level just went up 200% because your saddle time on the bike has skyrocketed versus a weekend or seasonal rider.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
The reason why is because you now ride for a living, it's a way of life. I still find myself escaping on the weekends, but not so much to get with other riders to go riding every week.

That being, I hope you wear full gear, your risk level just went up 200% because your saddle time on the bike has skyrocketed versus a weekend or seasonal rider.

Mostly I"m helmet, gloves, jacket all the time. In the winter I wear overpants with armor, but I need to find some boots and start leaving change of shoes at work. Having size 14 makes it difficult

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site

While not in the official competition since I lack a camera, but just for fun and as a place mat. Per last year's post I stated I was at 45,656 and noted I ended the year at 64,131 which equals 18,475. Down from last year and this might be it for me since I looking to probably sell and pick up something a little newer. Leading candidates are a slightly used DL650, or a CB500X.