2012 weestrom looks HOT

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is a very good looking bike. Who all have owned one? What are the pros and cons. I like the ABS Options. The bike seems to sit up bigger and just has a totally different feel. Well, the 2011 I sat on did

122-1109-01-o+suzuki-2012-v-strom-650-abs-angle+.jpg

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
No one has owned one (2012 version)... They are not out yet (Maybe Oct, Nov)... However, I have owned the previous version 2009 650.... One of the best bikes I have ever ownd... Ugly, maybe but a bullet proof engine... I know guys with over 200,000 kms on their V-stroms... Comfortable, large gas (and fuel eff) tank for 400km range, nearly vibration free, ABS as standard (Canada), fully adjustable suspention, dirt road capable with it's 19" front tire... The new version has an updated Gladius engine... More power and 10% better fuel economy... This means about 60miles/g boys and girls...

I regret selling my '09 to get my Versys.... I am probably going to get the 2012 version and sell the Versys...

Richard

Last edited:

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I too have heard nothing but good things about the weestrom. The 2012 looks really good. The other models, to me, look horrible. I'm really not in a market for a new bike but I think this is worth looking at.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its the Mrs bike, we got a 2010 650 model.

Great bike.

This new one, only things I like are the new dash & exhaust. For the life of me, cannot understand why Suzuki didn't make it a 750-800cc. Golden opportunity blown with the release of a new weestrom.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Its the Mrs bike, we got a 2010 650 model.

Great bike.

This new one, only things I like are the new dash & exhaust. For the life of me, cannot understand why Suzuki didn't make it a 750-800cc. Golden opportunity blown with the release of a new weestrom.

I am sure they did lots of market research... Maybe they should have consulted you:BLAA:... One thing that makes the 650 V-strom a big seller is the price point. They also have a niche market... Way cheaper than the compitition... If they did what you suggest (so called the missed golden opportunity)... There goes the price point and the niche market. Now they compete head to head with the Tiger 800 and the BMW 800gs... Sales drop and the Kawaski Versys takes the market share that the V-strom used to enjoy...

They made the right choice... It's a huge seller now and will continue to be... Why mess with success?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have a 06 650 and that thing was unstopable I loved it a great commuter and can still hang with the best of the dualsports off road with out being too heavy, unless you have it loaded to the gills with hand made aluminium top box and side boxes like I did...

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sure they did lots of market research... Maybe they should have consulted you:BLAA:... One thing that makes the 650 V-strom a big seller is the price point. They also have a niche market... Way cheaper than the compitition... If they did what you suggest (so called the missed golden opportunity)... There goes the price point and the niche market. Now they compete head to head with the Tiger 800 and the BMW 800gs... Sales drop and the Kawaski Versys takes the market share that the V-strom used to enjoy...

They made the right choice... It's a huge seller now and will continue to be... Why mess with success?

I dont think suzuki will have to ever worry about a road bike taking a spot from one of the best selling dual purpose bikes...yes you can take a versys off road but heck I take my fz off road too that dosent mean its ment to go off road

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk