2011 FZ w/190 miles

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen an ad for a 2011 FZ for sale with only 190 miles on it. Besides the battery what other issues could this bike have for sitting so long?

Besides the above, I believe the HP rating has been significantly lowered compared to the 04 thru 09 models and its likely Fully faired..

Re any mechanical issues, look inside the fuel tank.

If its been stored with a partially full fuel tank, the inside of the tank will be rusty and will eventually clog/destroy the fuel pump. (its a common issue for bikes not stored properly and VERY LIKELY)

Last edited:
I was thinking more in the lines of not properly broken in yet. Can you take that long to break in?

Its the mileage and how the engine is run, not neccesarily the YEARS gone by.

If its been run normally, no, its not really broke in yet.

With that said, the newer bikes machining are MUCH better than days gone by so its not nearly as critical.

Normal acceleration, deceleration, NOT a lot of idleing and steady throttle cruising is the best way to break in an engine. Your trying to seat the piston rings. The more heat cycles (letting it completly cool down), the better as well...

Who knows when it was really bought too. may not of left the showroom in 2011. Seems odd to be so low of miles unless some other hardship was involved and/or dumped it. Has it been down?

See what details you can get and like Scott said, look in the tank before riding it as it may start and and run now but plug up and not run after the rust starts moving about.

Good luck and be sure to check out FZ6R Forum Community

Back