Visit site
Top Speed has an article refering to the 2010 Yamaha FZ6
I think I have seen this or a similat photo being passed as
an FZ8:confused:

Skrapiron

Mr. Know-It-All
Reaction score
Visit site
From what I read in Motorcyclist Magazine yesterday, the FZ6 was dropped after the 2009 model year. They have replaced it with the FZ6R, which is grossly de-tuned, has a steel frame instead of the cast aluminum and weighs nearly 55lbs more.

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site

This look more like photoshop to me.FZ6 had ended it production for the year 2010,for those who really wants the fz6 badly,please visit your local dealer before it was completely sold out.:BLAA:

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
From what I read in Motorcyclist Magazine yesterday, the FZ6 was dropped after the 2009 model year. They have replaced it with the FZ6R, which is grossly de-tuned, has a steel frame instead of the cast aluminum and weighs nearly 55lbs more.

i wish it was not being called a "replacement". its a totally different class of bike, more for beginners like the ninja 650r, gladius etc. the REAL fz6's competition was the 599, and thats about it. the fz6 is more for intermediate to experienced and i guess most of them guys dont want a semi naked 600:confused:

Skrapiron

Mr. Know-It-All
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're thinking about an FZ6R, save your money.

I spent some time on a demo model today. On the outside, it looks like a fully faired FZ6. The ergos are similar, but that's where the similarities end.

The frame is a welded steel tube cradle, with a boxed steel swingarm. The exhaust now exits below the swing arm (instead of under the saddle) and the center stand has been eliminated.

The engine has been severely de-tuned. The compression has been reduced to 12:1. The redline has been dropped to 12k.

The saddle is now a smaller 2 piece and neither one would qualify as comfortable.

It is a complete disappointment, considering what the FZ6 is.... If you can find a left over '09, snatch it up. If you're considering the FZ6R, I think you'd actually be happier with a VStrom......

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
the fz8 was also a disappoint. it doesn't look better than neither the fz6 nor fz1. it's like the two bike crashed together thus allowing the fz8 abomination to be born. they should've just used the R&D money on the fz6 or fz1. what's happening to yamaha these days.

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
the fz8 was also a disappoint. it doesn't look better than neither the fz6 nor fz1. it's like the two bike crashed together thus allowing the fz8 abomination to be born. they should've just used the R&D money on the fz6 or fz1. what's happening to yamaha these days.

FZ8 can't be that bad,right?.At least with 200CC more,you know for sure it has a higher torque and HP than FZ6.With lower insurance premium and FC than a FZ1 as well.

Who knows,maybe FZ1 is next on the line to face out beside FZ6.

Skrapiron

Mr. Know-It-All
Reaction score
Visit site
The more I see where the mid-size sport bike market is moving, the more I like the Triumph Tiger or the Sprint ST....... Till then, I'm keeping my Fizzer.....

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site

Slap a fairing on that thing, and I think it looks swwweeeeeet. And I think that Yamaha does need a bike in the 750 or 800 cc range. When I bought my FZ6, I was originally looking for a bike in that range that also had the upright handlebars. There isn't a big selection of these. So I "settled" for the lesser 600 but I got what I think is the BEST 600 in that style. If Yamaha does come out with a 750 or 800, I hope they also make an R8 in the new R1 style as well as an FZ model. The only down side to that is that when I buy my next bike I'll have to decide which style I want. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions. :D