2009 R6/R1 Ugly Ugly Fugly

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
2009 Yamaha YZF-R6 Virtual Reality

2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 Virtual Reality

The only one I really like is the Black/Gold R6, that one is freakin killer.

The New paint is nothing that my motorcycle tastebuds are gonna water for.

The R1 from the front looks like a crosseyed kid, and the exhausts are just eh...

I know some ppl are really gonna dig em

OHh ya, and the New ZX6R exhaust is the ugliest thing since sliced bread. (sliced bread?) Other than that, killer bike.

Ninja® ZX?-6R : Photos

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I kinda look at is this way. If it isn't a late '80's TZ250 it is fugly regardless. ;)

View attachment 8407View attachment 8409

Actually I'm not in love with the looks of our Fizzer (a hush falls over the crowd). It is very disjointed to me. Kinda like a bunch of parts that were thrown onto a big magnet.

Last edited:

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't knock it until you try it. I think the bike looks awesome. I'd be down to getting one myself if i didn't already have one...

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
The black and gold R6 looks sweet. The R1 however is too freaky.. If I was getting a liter-bike I would probably go for the Suzuki GSX-R, or maybe the 08 R1.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit, the black one does look mean and that will be the colour I get when the time is ready.

But for my insurance I would have had one this year. So it's either next April, or the following year that I'll get an R6 - probably early 2010 since I don't want to lose too much on my FZ6 and also want another years NCB.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not crazy about the look of the R1, definitely those humungous heat shields would have to go, but mechanically the new R1 sounds amazing. I'd love to ride one. If it rides as good as it sounds I could learn to love the looks. I'm waiting on the stealership to get some in stock so I can check out the ergos as well...if its anything like the new CBR1000 I might be sold.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I want the 2005 R1! Man that is one sweet piece of machinery. The latest models have really disappointed me.

But I'd rather get a FZ1 anyway.

I

inkrediboy

Hey a place I can rant for today :)

AAAhhhh - a topic I can really sink my teeth in (inside joke of course as I am the sworn protector of all things R1 :) :)) R1 bashing...... Oh my!!! "ARe you ready in this corner.......... Are you ready in this corner............ let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Man, the hype that went into and the secretive release of the R1 for 2009 was ridiculous. If you hadn't been following it, public rumor was rampant, and photoshop'd prototypes from fans of what the R1 would look like were all over the place. In fact, I would have bought some of the designs up in a second - and frothed at the mouth for a few. You know, Toit....toit like a tiger :) (that was for you J)

However, the reality is the production model 2009 R1 looks like shiiiaat- and god forbid I ever live to regret these words (sometimes weird things eventually grow on you - like John Mayer - come on, your body is a wonderland.....???) yes, this redesign sucks the skin off a dead rotting monkey's genitalia crawling with baby fly maggots decomposing in the humid shadows of the amazon rain forest!!!!!!

What in god's name for all things big and small?????????????!!!!!

Snub nosed, snub tailed - completely overgrown pipes....... R1's last rights to the Liter Bike throne have always been pure visual sex appeal, as it's previous reign on raw power, torque and speed have been completely eclipsed by the mighty (and equally as retarded looking GSXR). If this were a UFC bout - its not a tap submission by yamaha, but a knockout with a kick to the face!!!!! In the beginning, R1 was legendary for being the benchmark of what all modern day sportbikes were etched from, both in engine design, performance and sculpture. The unveling of the new bike for me was like being at a funeral.

They have supposedly upgraded the engine - frame - included better ECU electronics for custom power mapping and performance tricks, but left sexy, sleek, and edgy attractive for the dogs. I have not yet seen a definitive report, or even read complimentary reviews of its prowess on street or track. Verdict in my book is still out.

I for one am happy I didn't wait around for the 09 to come out, and ignored the hype. I think, unless there is a retro fusion design backwards like Ford did brilliantly with the Mustang or even the forthcoming Camaro's - the older body R1's will be prized posessions like original stretched chevy impalas. This was a mistake, and I suspect will be one of the most unpopular bike cosmetic revisions for a Yamaha ever.

It was sad day for me to see such a wicked design take a nose dive by a kick ass company - but a happy day for me, knowing I made the right decision on a brand spanking new late model. That new bike looks wimpy as hell.

Sorry - I couldn't help myself........... Ok Fizzers - this is your chance to rip on an R1 without me lashing back :)!!!

:rockon:

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as looks go, I think the previous model R1 and R6 looked a lot better. At least they didn't go back to the square headlights. I am however very excited to see how the M1 derived engine performs. Now if only Honda would bring in their RC212v engine into their CBR1000RR, then we would have an interesting comparison.

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
give me a break... lol:D

Hey a place I can rant for today :)

AAAhhhh - a topic I can really sink my teeth in (inside joke of course as I am the sworn protector of all things R1 :) :)) R1 bashing...... Oh my!!! \"ARe you ready in this corner.......... Are you ready in this corner............ let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\"

Man, the hype that went into and the secretive release of the R1 for 2009 was ridiculous. If you hadn't been following it, public rumor was rampant, and photoshop'd prototypes from fans of what the R1 would look like were all over the place. In fact, I would have bought some of the designs up in a second - and frothed at the mouth for a few. You know, Toit....toit like a tiger :) (that was for you J)

However, the reality is the production model 2009 R1 looks like shiiiaat- and god forbid I ever live to regret these words (sometimes weird things eventually grow on you - like John Mayer - come on, your body is a wonderland.....???) yes, this redesign sucks the skin off a dead rotting monkey's genitalia crawling with baby fly maggots decomposing in the humid shadows of the amazon rain forest!!!!!!

What in god's name for all things big and small?????????????!!!!!

Snub nosed, snub tailed - completely overgrown pipes....... R1's last rights to the Liter Bike throne have always been pure visual sex appeal, as it's previous reign on raw power, torque and speed have been completely eclipsed by the mighty (and equally as retarded looking GSXR). If this were a UFC bout - its not a tap submission by yamaha, but a knockout with a kick to the face!!!!! In the beginning, R1 was legendary for being the benchmark of what all modern day sportbikes were etched from, both in engine design, performance and sculpture. The unveling of the new bike for me was like being at a funeral.

They have supposedly upgraded the engine - frame - included better ECU electronics for custom power mapping and performance tricks, but left sexy, sleek, and edgy attractive for the dogs. I have not yet seen a definitive report, or even read complimentary reviews of its prowess on street or track. Verdict in my book is still out.

I for one am happy I didn't wait around for the 09 to come out, and ignored the hype. I think, unless there is a retro fusion design backwards like Ford did brilliantly with the Mustang or even the forthcoming Camaro's - the older body R1's will be prized posessions like original stretched chevy impalas. This was a mistake, and I suspect will be one of the most unpopular bike cosmetic revisions for a Yamaha ever.

It was sad day for me to see such a wicked design take a nose dive by a kick ass company - but a happy day for me, knowing I made the right decision on a brand spanking new late model. That new bike looks wimpy as hell.

Sorry - I couldn't help myself........... Ok Fizzers - this is your chance to rip on an R1 without me lashing back :)!!!

:rockon:

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
damn they really changed it up with all their models this year. it's different and for me idk if i like thme yet. will have to se them personally at a dealer one of these days. usually i dig a new look after some considerable time tho.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now to give Yamaha some credit I present the new '09 R1 in bad@ss black:
09MS_YZFR1_blk_S3_5d52b1e8.jpg

Now that is a sexy bike.:rockon:

sPin0011

Just a bloke
Reaction score
Visit site
I think its freakin beaut. Yes it would be great bike to have a ride of, but its not for me. I bought a sports/tourer so I get in a comfortable riding position, no in a stance that looks like I'm about to get my haemorrids removed:rolleyes: