2009 MODS and DYNO TEST ?? Is this right ?

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
I just bought my 2009 FZ6 brand new about a month ago..

So far I have added:

cat eliminator pipe
Two Brothers exhaust
K&N air filter
Power Commander 5
and a gear indicator

I just took the bike in for the 600 mile service, and had the deal adjust the Power Commander 5 on the DYNO .

I mainly wanted to do this beacuse I knew it was running a little lean with the mods.

He mapped every gear and in fact richened up the fuel to bring it back into where it's safe..
If I am reading the DYNO right.. it shows only 79 horsepower at the rear wheel ..

Does this sound lown, especially with all the mods I have done ?

It does run better and has better throttle response now ...

Just want your opinions ...

Oh yea, what does the Power Commander 5 status light actually indicate ?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I just bought my 2009 FZ6 brand new about a month ago..

So far I have added:

cat eliminator pipe
Two Brothers exhaust
K&N air filter
Power Commander 5
and a gear indicator

I just took the bike in for the 600 mile service, and had the deal adjust the Power Commander 5 on the DYNO .

I mainly wanted to do this beacuse I knew it was running a little lean with the mods.

He mapped every gear and in fact richened up the fuel to bring it back into where it's safe..
If I am reading the DYNO right.. it shows only 79 horsepower at the rear wheel ..

Does this sound lown, especially with all the mods I have done ?

It does run better and has better throttle response now ...

Just want your opinions ...

Oh yea, what does the Power Commander 5 status light actually indicate ?

Don't worry about the number as different dynos (or even the same dyno on different days) will read differently.

The status light tells you it is working. You will usually see it go nuts when you crank the engine - normal.

edit: WELCOME! post some pics! I bet that thing sounds wild with no cats and Two brothers!

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't worry about the number as different dynos (or even the same dyno on different days) will read differently.

The status light tells you it is working. You will usually see it go nuts when you crank the engine - normal.

edit: WELCOME! post some pics! I bet that thing sounds wild with no cats and Two brothers!

This man said it all!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds a bit low to me, FZ6's put out somewhere between 92 and 100 hp at the rear wheel on a dyno, with an "open pipe", and PCIII, as said, depending on the parameters in place on each particular dyno.

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
If I uploaded the map from my Power commander, could someone take a look and give me and idea of how close it is with the above mentioned mods ?

ALso I have noticed at idle it is sort of pulsing or surgin really fast up and down ... It seems like the Power Commander made this worse .. WHat can I adjust on the Power commander to make this stop ?

Here is a few pics I snapped with my cell phone too...

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
My '04 Fz puts out 96 rwhp with K&N filter, opened airbox, De-cat pipe and Leo Vince's. An no PCIII

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
It feels like it has more power than stock .. 79 HP seems really low .. I am thinking about taking it to a shop where I work that is "power commander" approved and see what numbers they get ..

They have DYNO pulls for $30 so I may try that tomorrow...

skip

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to say that I've had mine from new, and that the engine didn't fully loosen up until around 1600 miles.