2009 Model?

J

Japbiker

Is Yamaha going to bring back the FZ6 for the '09 model year? Any inside info out there? If so, is it going to be the same as the '08 with new colors available?

Last edited by a moderator:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I highly doubt that they will discontinue the FZ6, especially with the success that they have had since the '07 redesign. sales have been booming with this bike in this area and honestly i see it outselling the new R6 this year (in my neck of the woods at least)

No idea about a redesign though, but my guess would be that we will see the same bike in 09 with some new colors and possibly graphics, and then a redesign in '10. I think that they have it on a 3 year design cycle.

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was told by the official Yamaha dealer over here in Holland that the FZ6 for will stay. There might be a cheaper model without ABS and stuff. But that is not completely sure. What this means for the rest of Europe or across the ocean I don't now.
I need to know as well. My 2007 FZ6 has now more than 25000 km on it (Less than a year) and I want to know whether to change to a new FZ6 or not.....

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't wait to see the new model. I'm guessing it will be the same design with new colors. I keep checking their website for updates. When they usually release the new models?

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking they might do a GT model with a full faring and hard luggage, or perhaps something like the GSX650F.

Who knows:confused:

mdr

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking they might do a GT model with a full faring and hard luggage, or perhaps something like the GSX650F.

Who knows:confused:

What do you like about the GSX650F? I passed it up and got the FZ instead... Now a GT model, I might like that if they didn't stray too far from the basic FZ6.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
GSX650F is also what I passed to get the FZ6. I did not ride the GSX650F, but from what I've read the powertrain would be something I would prefer for my purposes over the FZ6. I never ride above 7k rpm. The full fairing is attractive. I also like the fact that there is a gear position indicator in the GSX. Besides retuning the FZ6 engine even more for low end torque (like the Honda CBF600S with a smartly detuned CBR600RR engine), there is not much else I would change.

mdr

Reaction score
Visit site
In the Netherlands the GT is already available this year for both the FZ6 and FZ1.

Thulst: Thanks for the link, but is there any chance we could convince you to post that doc as a pdf? I don't use MS Word if I can help it. PS: I found this photo of what seller claims is a FZ6 GT on a French ebay site. Not what I expected. I don't like the lower fairing (personal pref is all) and there are no bags. Gunfighter seat looks nice but might be aftermarket? What is it that makes it GT?

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I too passed up on the GSX650F in favor of the FZ. The Fazer was a bit out of control for me on the test ride and I figured I'd be able to ride it a lot longer before getting bored. The GSX was lovely and I probably could have been very happy with it - for a while.

Gigot2000

L'Bon Dieu Amen
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm 200HP per liter! :)
Think this means 120HP since its a 600cc. But, damn, that would be nice!!! ahahahah!
I personally dont like the new front headlights. It's seems like a pair of funky googles. And nevermind the front fairing decals... I like the new black paint though.

mdr

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a link to the 2008 FZ6 Grand Touring page:

2008 FZ6 Grand Tour S2 ABS

and the FZ1 GT:

2008 FZ1 Grand Tour ABS

Thanks for the link! I was expecting / hoping for something more from Yamaha, maybe along the lines of a 600cc Concours :(

Guess I'll stick to the removable soft bags for now. I like the concept of the Kawa Concours but it's much taller and at over 50% more weight... No Way. I don't need a 1400cc bike (see attachment) for one-up touring.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Thulst: Thanks for the link, but is there any chance we could convince you to post that doc as a pdf? I don't use MS Word if I can help it. PS: I found this photo of what seller claims is a FZ6 GT on a French ebay site. Not what I expected. I don't like the lower fairing (personal pref is all) and there are no bags. Gunfighter seat looks nice but might be aftermarket? What is it that makes it GT?

mdr,

Here is the Word document converted to a PDF.

X