Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty Nice Looking

2009 Yahama Motorcycles Released - Motorcycle.com

09MS_FZ6R_blu_S1_75caa786.jpg

09MS_FZ6R_blk_S1_cca82fa7.jpg

09MS_FZ6R_yel_S1_285d96e0.jpg

09MS_FZ6R_wht_S1_82666781.jpg

Anyone seen one yet or have any more info?

OK, let's just say ours is for the more advanced rider. This one is definitely aimed at the beginner/female riders and as direct competition to the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and Suzuki GSX650F. Compared to those two, it may do very well. They still sell ours and for a higher price now. As someone mentioned, ours has slighlt better specs.

They got the girly white and pink one sitting at the dealership where I got my FZ6, and sure enough, the Super Pillion Rider went to it like a moth to the flame . . . it is a nice looking bike though. Kudos to Yamaha for making such a sporty looking beginners series . . . although ultimately she liked the look of the Phoenix edition of the new R6 better. Said something about it looking like Gucci or some such.

Last edited:
The 650 Bandit in north america was dropped a few years ago not in '09. The GSF650 was in dealers all of last year (at least).
Well, not quite a few years ago, but it was dropped last year. Still, I'm quite happy to run an '06 although the '07 with the injection and liquid cooling might make a better controlled and stable engine......Just like the FZ-6R.....hmmmm.

Went by the dealership today to grab a can of "Honda Polish" and walked by one looked at it (first one I seen in person "FZ6R") the salesmen said "Can I get that FZ6 for you?" My reply "I have a real one in the parking lot" (2007) I purchased my can o polish and checked out a Ducati 848 and a Triumph ST1050 and was on my way. I guess what I am trying to say is 78 vs 98 horses you decide........... :spank: but to each is well........... you know.

Back